We are talking 45 ACP DA sixguns right?

by Charles, Monday, October 29, 2012, 16:23 (4354 days ago)

Here is another from my safe. When the big N frame Brazilians hite the US in the early 80s I knew a good thing when I saw it, and scooped up four of them. This was the best one and I sent it back to Smith and Wesson in 1995 for a factory reblue. It is a very very good shooting handgun. The grips are made-to-measure Herritts. [image]

I used to see those show up at local pin shoots

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, October 29, 2012, 20:00 (4354 days ago) @ Charles

NICE pistols!
fantastically smooth actions.
Not near as classy but one of my 45ACP N frames I traded this from Boge Milt Morrison slicked it up:[image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

How does it shoot? I didn't have that one very long...

by Boge Quinn, Monday, October 29, 2012, 21:41 (4354 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

:-P

How does it shoot? I didn't have that one very long...

by Charles, Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 06:06 (4354 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

This particular pistol runs a uniform .455 in the cylinder throats. By uniform, I mean uniform. I can't measure any difference with a Staretts hole guage and mic that reads .0001. With cast bullets of .454 it is a tack driver. I define a tack driver as 1 to 2 inches at 25 yards. Put in 45 ACP ball ammo and the accuracy is "service" grade. That means about 4" at 25 yards.

HAH! Yes thyat was a quick turn wasn't it. It is a moonclip

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 11:56 (4354 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

only gun, which is fine shoots dead on to sights with hardball or my creeker cast rnl reloads. I haven't put it on paper yet. Building a New holster for that Old Woodsman today for mail out today.

--

I thought you already had a holster for that Woodsman?

by Boge Quinn, Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 17:07 (4353 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I 'preciate it, brother! Been wanting a Woodsman for a VERY long time.

Yes, but this is better for the CPS.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 21:10 (4353 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

:-)

--

RSS Feed of thread