Huricane Prep

by uncowboy, Sunday, October 28, 2012, 17:16 (4355 days ago)

well the way the Media has been going on all week about this cat 1 huricane that is landing on my front yard as we speak I fig this will be my last day! Stores are all empty of supplies and battaries no generators left at Home depo or lows Gas lines resemble the Carter eara. I have lived through many of these and I can't get over the HYPE . I still have to report to work and the Dr office called to make sure my wife is at her 8:30 apt That is when the huricane will be in full swing. What do you guys tghink about the way the media falls all over itself at times like these? Is this a fall out from Katrina or is the media in the bussiness of MAKING THE NEWS or a combo of both? J.Michael About to be very wet!

Weather over board: In Phoenix, they axctivate all the local

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, October 28, 2012, 18:55 (4355 days ago) @ uncowboy

affiliates "Weather Alert" teams every time 2 inches of rain falls or, gasp! the dust blows...imagine THAT? LIVING IN THE DESERT AND THE DUST BLOWS... dUMB a**S wont hype THE whitehouse refusing aid the the ambassador and the CIA...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Here in TN they can PREDICT an INCH of snow

by stonewalrus, Sunday, October 28, 2012, 20:54 (4355 days ago) @ uncowboy

And the store shelves will be cleared!

by TomC, High Ridge Missouri, Monday, October 29, 2012, 07:52 (4355 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Missouri is the same way.

by Jhenry, Monday, October 29, 2012, 18:26 (4354 days ago) @ TomC

Not in my part of Missouri. We are a bit more self reliant than that. A big snow or ice storm will cause some supplies to be laid in though.

I remember being stationed in SC when we had 1/4 inch of snow on the ground and there was a 14 car pile up on the Cooper River Bridge. Those low country folks really just do not understand snow, and either refuse to go out, or drive like the snow does not exist. Rain they can handle. Hurricanes, no problem. 1/4 inch of snow, look out jack.

This storm has tracked NNE for hundreds of miles ...

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Monday, October 29, 2012, 00:29 (4355 days ago) @ uncowboy

and we're supposed to believe that it's going to suddenly make a 90 degree hook left to hit New York City?

My money is on the "storm story" taking the focus off the Benghazi mess to benefit dear leader.

RSS Feed of thread