It's been one of those days.

by Drago, Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 17:46 (4360 days ago)

All summer long I've seen the six inch Ruger Mark III 22lr pistol at Bass ProShop. So today I go over there to buy one and, of course, they're sold out of them. On a side note, I looked them up on Davidson's and they have them listed as "Allocated". Are these pistols that popular?

I don't know about allocated, but don't they run these in cy

by bj @, Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 20:04 (4360 days ago) @ Drago

Over the years I've noticed that the stock of Rugers would change from time to time. It seemed that some models would be produced for a little while, I assume they would build up their stocks, and then they would shift production to something else.

Many years ago I wanted one of the 5.5" bull barrel models and could not find them in stock. Then later when I didn't have the money to spend I did find them in stock. Then again when I was looking for them I couldn't find one.

maybe someone's trying to tell you something? :)

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 21:16 (4360 days ago) @ Drago

Then again, maybe not.

All I know is that guns, any guns, all guns, are being built and sold in record numbers.

Nowadays, if you see it and want it, BUY it, right then and there.

When there are limited numbers of guns such as special

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 21:18 (4360 days ago) @ Drago

runs, the distributor "allocates" them to their best customers/dealers. Further, any "extra" guns go to the top salespeople who get to choose to whom to offer them often as inducement for more sales. Thus the "little" guy, both employee/salesperson of the distributor AND dealer, might never have a go at one.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I was thinking the same thing!

by Drago, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 10:01 (4360 days ago) @ Miles Fortis

;-)

When there are limited numbers of guns such as special

by Drago, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 10:03 (4360 days ago) @ Hobie

I was thinking the standard fixed sight .22 auto pistol was something so common it would be available all the time. I know aome 1911 pistols are allocated beause of wat you describe, I was just surprised the Ruger was.

I know the local Ruger plant is cranking them out as fast as

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 10:07 (4360 days ago) @ Drago

they can. Find your best local seller of Ruger guns, they should have one. I was looking at a stack of Ruger .22/45s yesterday at the local dealer-10 or so piled up boxs of the new Gold anodized airwight threaded guns...very handy for under 400.00.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

They set a record last year with over a million guns produce

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 13:31 (4360 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

And are well on their way to break it this year.

I hear you. Boss man was talking about this just yesterday

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 14:13 (4360 days ago) @ Drago

when I stopped by the shop. He finds it very difficult to explain to customers why he can't just order a gun when other shops can get them and he doesn't really understand why he can't. BTW, he had a used MK I and a MK II yesterday.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread