It's been one of those days.

by Drago, Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 17:46 (4360 days ago)

All summer long I've seen the six inch Ruger Mark III 22lr pistol at Bass ProShop. So today I go over there to buy one and, of course, they're sold out of them. On a side note, I looked them up on Davidson's and they have them listed as "Allocated". Are these pistols that popular?

I don't know about allocated, but don't they run these in cy

by bj @, Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 20:04 (4360 days ago) @ Drago

Over the years I've noticed that the stock of Rugers would change from time to time. It seemed that some models would be produced for a little while, I assume they would build up their stocks, and then they would shift production to something else.

Many years ago I wanted one of the 5.5" bull barrel models and could not find them in stock. Then later when I didn't have the money to spend I did find them in stock. Then again when I was looking for them I couldn't find one.

maybe someone's trying to tell you something? :)

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 21:16 (4360 days ago) @ Drago

Then again, maybe not.

All I know is that guns, any guns, all guns, are being built and sold in record numbers.

Nowadays, if you see it and want it, BUY it, right then and there.

I was thinking the same thing!

by Drago, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 10:01 (4360 days ago) @ Miles Fortis

;-)

When there are limited numbers of guns such as special

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 21:18 (4360 days ago) @ Drago

runs, the distributor "allocates" them to their best customers/dealers. Further, any "extra" guns go to the top salespeople who get to choose to whom to offer them often as inducement for more sales. Thus the "little" guy, both employee/salesperson of the distributor AND dealer, might never have a go at one.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

When there are limited numbers of guns such as special

by Drago, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 10:03 (4360 days ago) @ Hobie

I was thinking the standard fixed sight .22 auto pistol was something so common it would be available all the time. I know aome 1911 pistols are allocated beause of wat you describe, I was just surprised the Ruger was.

I know the local Ruger plant is cranking them out as fast as

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 10:07 (4360 days ago) @ Drago

they can. Find your best local seller of Ruger guns, they should have one. I was looking at a stack of Ruger .22/45s yesterday at the local dealer-10 or so piled up boxs of the new Gold anodized airwight threaded guns...very handy for under 400.00.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

They set a record last year with over a million guns produce

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 13:31 (4360 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

And are well on their way to break it this year.

I hear you. Boss man was talking about this just yesterday

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 14:13 (4360 days ago) @ Drago

when I stopped by the shop. He finds it very difficult to explain to customers why he can't just order a gun when other shops can get them and he doesn't really understand why he can't. BTW, he had a used MK I and a MK II yesterday.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread