Behlert rear sight for Ruger SA

by woody, Saturday, October 20, 2012, 16:50 (4364 days ago)

I picked this up awhile back. Behlert rear sight. It fits Ruger single actions. Just wondering if anyone else has one or seen one? I'm not sure if the middle hole is missing a pin? If so what does it look like?

Not sure what I'm going to do with it. I wish it was a Bowen.

[image]
[image]
[image]

by lee jurras @, Hagerman, NM, Saturday, October 20, 2012, 18:30 (4364 days ago) @ woody

Have used probably 40-50 of these sights. On my Howdah series, rugers and Brownings. The idea being twice as many click adjustments as a Ruger. Don't remember using the second hole or what it was for, probably to fit another set-up. You can make vertical adjustment spring from any number of assortments .FWIW dept. Feel free to inquire again @e-mail. ATB, LEJ

hey, LEE! great to see you post sir.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, October 20, 2012, 18:37 (4364 days ago) @ lee jurras

*I hope that you are doing well.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

+1!

by JLF @, Sunday, October 21, 2012, 10:55 (4363 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

hey, LEE! great to see you post sir.

by lee jurras @, Hagerman,NM, Monday, October 22, 2012, 18:48 (4362 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Doing well for my age Rob, thanks for asking. Wife well on road to recovery. ATB, LEJ :-D

by woody, Saturday, October 20, 2012, 19:01 (4364 days ago) @ lee jurras

Lee thanks for the info. The only reason I thought there might be a pin in the second hole is to keep the screw from coming out the bottom of the sight. The bottom of the hole is no collared like a factory sight to prevent the screw from going right out the bottom.

Just sorted all my 357 brass this week by head stamp. Found some super vel. I put them up in my collection.

I still have a batch of Lee's Super Vel brass, good to see

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, October 20, 2012, 21:45 (4363 days ago) @ woody

Lee posting !!

I picked up some of my brass at an IDPA match...

by cas, Saturday, October 20, 2012, 22:43 (4363 days ago) @ Cherokee

…a couple weeks ago and said "Oh.. that's how you know it's mine." Showing someone the Sper Vel head stamp. :-D

Of course there was only one guy in my squad who'd ever even heard of it. :-|

by uncowboy, Sunday, October 21, 2012, 06:33 (4363 days ago) @ cas

The sights are GREAT I used them on all my 45's Basicly a BO Mar. You need a spring and ball to go under the sight and the screw hole goes in the existing. VERY good sight pic with a shade more light showing on the sides. That is a great find. I wish I put them on my rugers when I worked there. J.Michael

by uncowboy, Sunday, October 21, 2012, 06:37 (4363 days ago) @ uncowboy

SUB note Austin Behlert and Bill Ruger were friends, They were at a bull session at the shot show with some other manufactors when Bill Ruger bosted that he had his rear sight costs down to a dollar and Austin chimed in and said Yah but they are only worth .18 Cents. Not many target shooters cared for the Ruger rear sight.
J.Michael

Uncowboy can you email me

by woody, Sunday, October 21, 2012, 17:52 (4363 days ago) @ uncowboy

Drop me an an email I have a few questions.

Uncowboy can you email me

by uncowboy, Monday, October 22, 2012, 17:25 (4362 days ago) @ woody

uncowboy@comcast.net:-P

RSS Feed of thread