My new to me CUCV Blazer.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 11:04 (4366 days ago)

it will do 75MPH pulling a 1.5 ton trailer and is as loud as the inside of John Bonham's bass drum.20mph pulling the trailer.[image][image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

NICE!! what year is that? last year a friend GAVE me a

by cable, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 11:41 (4366 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

1984 suburban, with 70K miles, that he bought new in late 83, still with papers and purchase receipt in the glove compartment. he wanted it out of his garage. it has the 350 engine and extra heavy duty suspension and towing packabge. excellent inside and mechanically, excellent body with flaky paint. what a TANK! i only use it occasionally but can camp in it etc. if needed. it too has the dual battery system, which is comforting to have in our climate.
i really like your rig with that trailer,etc !

That was a good period for Subs! My 91 was the last

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 12:58 (4366 days ago) @ cable

square body style. even with 150 K miles it was more reliable than our 97 Sub.

--

this Blazer is an 85. Do you know

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 13:01 (4366 days ago) @ cable

Mark Anderson? He is a 6'9" engineer, hard to miss in a crowd and has resided in Anchorage some 30 years. He lives up on the hillside and has the same vintage blue Sub.
Rob

--

dont think i know him, will keep eye out though!

by cable, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 13:04 (4366 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

;-)

I always thought those were really neat. Cable...

by Boge Quinn, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 11:55 (4366 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

...what a cool gift!

I always thought those were really neat. Cable...yes, i was

by cable, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 13:06 (4366 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

shocked that he just wanted to get rid of it....no strings attached, but he had two other vehicles for his garage, and is out of town a lot, so wanted to make room. he had a foam rubber matress pad made for the rear, so you really can sleep in there, with plenty of room. a mini-camper sort of! all the upholstery etc is great. and the manual wind windows should never fail! :-P

That CUCV Blazer.should last you a long time, great

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 14:53 (4366 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

truck for the heavy duty use.

by Who....me...??, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 15:18 (4366 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

WHATSA CUCV...??

Commercial Utility/Cargo Vehicle

by mcassill, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 15:58 (4366 days ago) @ Who....me...??

bought off-the-shelf for various (mostly) rear-echelon duties.

Cool!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 15:47 (4366 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by cubrock, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 16:07 (4366 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Where does one find such a critter for sale?

http://www.govliquidation.com/ almost all posts and bases

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 17:09 (4366 days ago) @ cubrock

have a few of these for sale. This particular CUCV is in great shape as it has sat in a museum for a few years. I got mine because of a friend & customer that volunteers at this museum. he bought his 6 months ago via gov liq auction A friend had his Blazer shipped here and it was a bit rustier and needed more work done. but he paid under 3 grand and about 700 for shipping from Wisconsin.

--

Welcome to the OD Fever ward...

by Brian A, Friday, October 19, 2012, 08:18 (4365 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

It is a very difficult disease to shake, but just about as much fun as Gun Fever. The biggest problem is that vehicles take up lots more room than firearms and require quite a bit more maintenance. Is a 6x6 on the wish list yet?

No, but a friend just told me a bout a Unimog radio truck

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, October 19, 2012, 17:45 (4364 days ago) @ Brian A

about 4 miles away: runs good and the owner dosn't like it...:-D

--

Would love me a Unimog...

by Brian A, Saturday, October 20, 2012, 14:18 (4364 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Missed out on one a few years ago in a nearby town and keep my eye out for them. Currently have over a dozen MV toys here to play with though, so it will be a while before there is time to take on a new one. Good luck with your toys and on the Unimog pursuit, hopefully you will keep us all updated.

Looks like that'll get you there....and back!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, October 19, 2012, 11:18 (4365 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

by Catoosa, Friday, October 19, 2012, 22:06 (4364 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Mine's not OD (truck is red, trailer is 2-tone green) but it's tough and does what I need. Ain't never been noplace it couldn't get back from, and never had a cable hooked to the tow hooks, either!

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Friday, October 26, 2012, 17:58 (4357 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Combat vehicles definitely lack the soundproofing of a civi Blazer.

Good thing about it, unless it has been modified I have two ignition keys for it around here someplace!

RSS Feed of thread