Need a little computer help please

by Gary G, Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:22 (4369 days ago)

fairly new computer windows 7.....I am running Microsoft Security Essent. for protection.

And running my e-mail thru it. (problem) when any of you guys send a e-mail with a link to click on..Or with NRA updates ,,,,,anything....... this box pops up.

"This file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action.
Please install a program or, if one already exist, create an association in the Default Programs control panel"

It worked fine for a while but gradually one thing after another have failed to link up.

Any suggestions....Thanks in advance.
Gary

go with AVG.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:41 (4369 days ago) @ Gary G

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Don,t ask me how but I fixed it............THANKS MAN

by Gary G, Monday, October 15, 2012, 21:07 (4369 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

:-D

Need a little computer help please

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Monday, October 15, 2012, 21:51 (4368 days ago) @ Gary G

AVG is good, and I always ran it on our older Windoze XP machine. But our super whiz bang computer gal at work said to run MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) on Windows 7 machines, (MSE is free) and Malwarebytes (which is not free) for the best protection against viruses and malware.

My oldest son, who maintains the satellite/computer networks that allow our UAV's to kill terrorists, confirmed that those two are excellent choices, and what he runs on his personal computer.

RSS Feed of thread