Little of this a little of that...........

by Byron, Wednesday, August 01, 2012, 19:34 (4294 days ago) @ Art

Most of my shooting that involves reloading is 5.56mm, 7.62mm, 9mm and .357. The rifle brass goes to a local guy with the fancy automatic factory line stuff and comes back small base sized, trimmed to length, neck turned, primer pockets cleaned and sized to spec and polished until the case shines like new money...$30 per 1000...good enought for the girls that I go with...a premium product...They used to seat primers, recrimp and seal with red lacquer...just like new...no more...liability in the priming opeation and all....to bad...that was nice....anyway for the price of a couple of double Crowns on ice I save hours of time at the bench...I don't mind reloading...but its kinda like washing dishes...rather someone do it for me....

Fired pistol brass goes into a tumbler for a bit....something between an hour or a week...depends on when I get back down to the barn....then through the 550...looks good...no muss...no fuss....I have been called an equipment operator instead of a reloader...fine....

Byron

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread