Just makes you wonder...

by Byron, Saturday, March 14, 2020, 06:15 (1503 days ago)

So, we went on a scouting trip into the city to check out the clown show playing out before our eyes.

It's not the end of the world but it will change the way we live for some time.

First stop was the downtown KC Costco to pick up provisions. Vodka, champagne and toilet paper. We've already got all the food we can handle and a big pond full of water.

The place was packed and almost everyone was smiling, amazingly the shelves were full with only a few items out of stock. While the lines at the checkout were 10 deep the Costco machine got us through in 10 minutes. Effective and efficient.

Then we went to a wine club we are members of to do our monthly tasting and pick up a couple of bottles of really nice cab. We don't really drink wine but have it to give as nice gifts for our friends that do.

We always make a point of visiting with the nice folks of both sides. As much as anything to get a feel for an aspect of urban life that is completely foreign from ours being stuck out in the middle of nowhere by choice. If you don't know where we live you can't get there.

Of course the conversation came around to the Chinese Flu and what's what with that.

I gently made the suggestion that everyone should already be ready to hunker down at home for awhile, have at least a couple of months food and water at home and cash money on hand. To never tell anyone what you have and be prepared to defend their families.

The response from these loft living urban beauties was "really?" Some proudly made a point that they always got their fresh organic vegetables daily from the local market and besides their lofts were so tiny that there was nowhere to store any backstock.

Like I said, if you don't know where we live you can't get there and both of our neighbors are guys that you probably shouldn't knock on their doors after dark.

We are in uncharted waters.

B

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread