Hatfield & McCoys

by Bob Hatfield @, Friday, June 08, 2012, 14:54 (4341 days ago) @ Art
edited by Bob Hatfield, Friday, June 08, 2012, 15:04

They had to compress 4 decades or more of both family's history into 6 hours or so. Although they sort of "Hit the high spots" so to speak. Nancy McCoy who spat in Johnse's face near the end of the show and took up with "Bad Frank Phillips" actually had IIRC 3 kids with Johnse Hatfield and I believe they took off to Oregon for a while. She then had IIRC about several kids with Bad Frank and is buried beside him. Bad Frank was killed though at a young age. Johnse Hatfield married 4 more times.

My great great grandfathter James "Old Slater" Hatfield who was Devil Anse's uncle deserted during the war and Captain Anderson had to go get him and another guy to execute them. Evidentally when Captain Hatfield caught them "Old Slater" talked his nephew (Anse) out of doing it. Heck all he wanted to do was go see his wife and put out the garden and the other guy's wife was on her death bed. THis is all according to Dr. Coleman Hatfield who wrote several books about the feud. Dr. Hatfield was "Cap Hatfield's grandson.

That makes me some sort of distant cousin to Devil Anse. THe local college has a casting call for family members only so Hollywood can create a reality show where the family members compete against each other.( Hope they dont use guns). My friends want me to audition LOL. Evidentally the feud is hot with Hollywood right now.

Bob

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread