FYI, Sea Foam Deep Creep

by E Sisk, Friday, August 12, 2022, 02:22 (616 days ago)

Saw it used on rusty tie rod ends, one of those auto Fix'R'Up shows. Decided to try it on a couple of gun projects. I can honestly say, it is one of those rare birds that actually works as advertised. Possibly the best 'P Oil' I have ever used.

FYI, Sea Foam Deep Creep

by Don Sikes @, Vera Cruz, Missouri, Friday, August 12, 2022, 13:24 (616 days ago) @ E Sisk

HHhmmmm...

Need to try that on some stuck blackpowder cylinder nipples... got and old 1851 style revolver that has a couple of stubborn nipples... speaking softly and gently rubbing them don't seem to be working on her...

Thanks for the tip... good old WD40 didn't do the trick and it washed the bluing out... wonder if the seafoam will do the same on bluing... if you try it... let us know...

Gibbasize has worked for me for years

by Catoosa, Friday, August 12, 2022, 20:52 (616 days ago) @ Don Sikes

I think it's just called Gibbs Lube now. Best penetrating oil I've ever used. I have successfully used it to free stuck valves in an old tiller motor without having to tear down the motor.

Not real easy to find, but it's great stuff.

FYI, Sea Foam Deep Creep

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, August 14, 2022, 10:16 (614 days ago) @ E Sisk

Good to hear. I’ve had good luck with SeaFoam gas additive. I’ve also had some friends use it in much more severe deals than I have had.

At the hospital I work at, they have some stuff called Tri-Flow. It is the best penetrating oil I have tried personally. Bob Mills aka FatBoy said it was popular with bike folk. I haven’t ever tried Kroil but I have heard it’s amazing stuff as well.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

KROIL

by ~JM~, Sunday, August 14, 2022, 17:21 (614 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Works well. Used it on the job & the bench. Popular with the Bench Rest folks for barrel cleaning. Has a strong smell that can cause sinus issues. It will flash if used in a hot environment.

FYI, Sea Foam Deep Creep

by E Sisk, Sunday, August 14, 2022, 23:51 (614 days ago) @ Slow Hand

If memory serves, Tri-Flow was/is PTFE based Lube. Used the aerosol spray in the Eighty's on my USPSA 1911, tried the grease cartridges for automotive, still have a can of wheel bearing grease. I will take a pic of the gun I used seafoam on and post as soon as I get to it.

RSS Feed of thread