Ruger Bisley .32 H&R Rarity Question

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Sunday, December 19, 2021, 14:31 (857 days ago)

There are some serious Ruger fans here, so I thought maybe one of you would know the answer to this. Noodling around on Gunbroker the other evening, I saw an ad for a Ruger Bisley .32 H&R with a fluted cylinder that stated the version with the fluted cylinder is quite rare. If I recall correctly, the ad said around 100. In looking at Wilson's "Ruger and His Guns", he states that the fluted cylinder version appears in the 1986 catalogue, but subsequent catalogues only show the roll marked cylinder.

I'm not a Ruger collector and am not ever likely to be. I do, however, own a fluted cylinder version (no box or papers, sadly) that serial numbers to 1987 according to Wilson's book. I was wondering whether it was actually rare or the ad in question was a seller puffing his product.

Thanks.

More to it than that? Drift and adjustable sights also.

by cas, Sunday, December 19, 2021, 19:29 (857 days ago) @ Remington40x

I have a fluted, drift sight. I seem to recall they weren't the most rare. Been a long time though.

I'm sure someone here who really knows can straighten it out.

More to it than that? Drift and adjustable sights also.

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Monday, December 20, 2021, 10:38 (857 days ago) @ cas

Mine is fluted cylinder and adjustable sights. The front sight is tapered.

My .22 Bisley is roll marked cylinder and drift adjustable rear sight. On that one, the front sight is undercut.

I've also owned three Bisley .41s, all three of which went down the road (replaced by a Freedom Arms Model 97) and still own a 5-1/2 inch Bisley .44 Special.

Matt Olivier should know. If he doesn't, he know's the guy

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, December 19, 2021, 21:49 (857 days ago) @ Remington40x

that knows what you need...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Matt Olivier should know. If he doesn't, he know's the guy

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Monday, December 20, 2021, 14:34 (856 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Rob:

Does Matt still participate here? It doesn't appear he's logged on for nearly two years.

Rem

he stops by here. send me an email.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, December 20, 2021, 17:13 (856 days ago) @ Remington40x

rob at simplyrugged dot cawn

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread