Done!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, September 16, 2021, 10:02 (950 days ago)

Finished up 5-1/2 weeks of radiation this morning. Going to the hospital every day was almost like having a job and I thought I was through with that nonsense. ;-)

We have a scan scheduled in a couple of weeks to assess progress so we won't know until then how things worked. But, I feel pretty good overall. Fatigue is an issue as well as a bit of neuropathy but those side effects seem pretty minor compared to some of the folks we saw in the last few weeks.

We have probably a couple of months off and then they want to start radiation on the lump in my neck. That one is supposed to be a more grueling course of treatment but I'm not going to worry on that much.

For now, it's off to The Dungeon to load up some things to take to the cabin for a mini-escape.

Thanks to you all for the thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the report, Hoot.

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, September 16, 2021, 10:25 (950 days ago) @ Hoot

Y'all have fun on that retreat, y'hear?

Keep your strength up and keep fighting

by Brien @, NWArkansas, Thursday, September 16, 2021, 10:45 (950 days ago) @ Hoot

I've had neuropathy in my hands and feet for 16 years. It was worse when I was at your point than now. I kind of got used to it. Yours might go away completely.

That's good to hear!

by Murphy @, Thursday, September 16, 2021, 11:45 (950 days ago) @ Hoot

Glad you've gotten that part wrapped up. Even better, you're headed off for some quality time in the sticks. An excellent way as any to celebrate. Keeping you in my prayers.

Murphy

Glad to hear it!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Thursday, September 16, 2021, 17:43 (950 days ago) @ Hoot

Still praying for you guys. Hoping for the best. Enjoy your woods time!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Done!

by E Sisk, Friday, September 17, 2021, 02:49 (950 days ago) @ Hoot

Always a daily prayer for you.

Prayers continue.

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Friday, September 17, 2021, 08:48 (949 days ago) @ Hoot

No

Bravo

by Mike P @, Saturday, September 18, 2021, 08:22 (948 days ago) @ Hoot

Glad to hear it. Sounds like a good approach.
Prayers continue.

--
AKA zzr7ky

RSS Feed of thread