May I present Jacob K. Bennett

by Bob Hatfield @, Monday, May 10, 2021, 12:26 (1081 days ago)

[image]

My wife's grandson (He calls me Papaw Bob since I have been around him since birth) will be a Marine at the end of this week. He will be going through the Crucible Wednesday and Thursday and will receive his Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on Friday morning. His grandmother and I are on the verge of boo-hooing we are so proud.

by JT, Monday, May 10, 2021, 12:49 (1081 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

YOU BOTH HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE SUPER PROUD. MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND PROTECT HIM.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AII.

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Monday, May 10, 2021, 14:15 (1081 days ago) @ JT

Nm

Quite an accomplishment!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, May 10, 2021, 15:17 (1081 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

Congratulations all around!

May I offer you...

by Paul ⌂, Monday, May 10, 2021, 16:26 (1081 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

some thread to reattach those buttons? :-D Congratulations! He's down in Parris Island, right?

Yes tomorrow is Crucible day

by Bob Hatfield @, Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 03:20 (1079 days ago) @ Paul

Yes, Parris Island. Today he prepares for what is called the "Crucible" as the final test of his training. His grandmother is worried but I keep encouraging her that all that physical training he has already endured along with the good food and camaraderie of his fellow recruits He'll be okay. Below is what the Crucible consists of. When it is over there is a ceremony the next morning where he will receive his Eagle, Globe and Anchor pin and no longer be called a Recruit but will then on be a Marine.
The Crucible
54 hours
48 miles
45lbs of gear
36 warrior stations
29 team building exercises
6 hours of sleep
2 MREs

I remember when our younger son

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:31 (1079 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

was in boot camp. The crucible is well named. Unfortunately we were not able to travel up to be there for the ceremony. He'll do well, I'm sure. The US Marine Corps still turns out our finest warriors and they've not been as affected by the PC watering down of standards that the other services have bowed to.

May I present Jacob K. Bennett Congratulations and Thanks

by Mike P @, Monday, May 10, 2021, 17:36 (1081 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

Please convey our heartfelt Congratulations and thanks him for stepping up to take a turn defending our great nation!:usa:

--
AKA zzr7ky

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 08:16 (1080 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

Congratulations to Jacob. May God protect him as he serves his country.

by jgt, Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 09:01 (1080 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

Congratulations!!!! May God watch over him during his service.

Congratulations

by Frank S, Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 06:37 (1079 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

And God bless and watch over hm!

Congrats!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 13:33 (1079 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

That’s a great thing!!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Great stuff there.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 21:19 (1078 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

RSS Feed of thread