its a sixshooter and a lever gun

by cable, Saturday, May 01, 2021, 20:54 (1083 days ago)

couldn't pass this up, just to cute and it shoots 22 LR

[image]

by Frank S, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 12:51 (1082 days ago) @ cable

Copy of a volcanic?
Looks like fun!
You'll have to give us a range report

You come up with the most intriguing items...

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, May 02, 2021, 16:53 (1082 days ago) @ cable

one of the guys on Leverguns Community built something similar years ago, but with centerfire, cut down 40 S&W brass IIRC. In 22 LR that'd be a fun little plinker.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, May 03, 2021, 11:12 (1081 days ago) @ cable

Looks like fun.

That's very cool.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, May 04, 2021, 08:39 (1080 days ago) @ cable

The Volcanic's have always fascinated me.

its a sixshooter and a lever gun NICE

by Mike P @, Monday, May 10, 2021, 07:11 (1074 days ago) @ cable

Very nice.

--
AKA zzr7ky

Very neat!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 13:31 (1072 days ago) @ cable

I’m curious, how exactly do you shoot that little guy? Is the lever stroke short and light enough you can just run the one finger through it and flip it out and back? As a former 1860 owner I know how the follower tab can be a pain at times, I would imagine holding the barrel/magazine with the off hand and working the lever with your thumb and forefinger finger would cause issues as well. I’ve always wondered if they were considered to be more of a single shot with a fairy quick reload vs a repeater like a good revolver would be. Looking forward to hearing a range report!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

yes, sorta grab the magazine and work the lever. it might

by cable, Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 13:45 (1072 days ago) @ Slow Hand

get fast with practice. considering when it was invented it was generally being compared to a single shot, or a pepper box, so probably was considered a high tech improvement.

loading the magazine is a bit aggravating at first, but it gets easier with practice, at least it does with the henry rifle repros.

RSS Feed of thread