Did something I have waited for years......

by Gunner @, St Louis, Sunday, March 21, 2021, 15:36 (1131 days ago)

To be able to do.......bought a handgun for the grand kids to use : )

Though it will be a few years before they are able to handle it, one is 4 and the other two are only 1 years old. One of the biggest issues I had when my girls were little and wanted to shoot was that I had nothing lite weight for them to shoot, so I taught them to use my Ruger MKII bull barrel by me holding the bottom of the grip frame and they would shoot with their hands above mine. It worked but they needed something they could handle on their own to really learn with. I did manage to find a used Charter Arms Pathfinder later on and it was a huge help in their shooting development. Now I have three grand kids and grandpa felt like they would need a semi auto to learn on to go with the Pathfinder.

My sister had a friend who lost your husband and had a few handguns she needed to sell and I bought his Ruger SR22 from her for the grand kids......

[image]

[image]

Really nice of Ruger to thread the barrel and include a adapter and tool with the pistol for when we need to be a little more quiet........

[image]

The rig only weighs 22 ounces when empty, looking forward to range time with the grand kids in the near future.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Cool!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, March 22, 2021, 06:30 (1130 days ago) @ Gunner

Range time with the grandkids: nothing finer.

by Mike P @, Monday, March 22, 2021, 14:03 (1130 days ago) @ Gunner

Nice! Lighter weight nd quiet set-up should build confidence pretty quickly.

I have mine going Bearcat, Mk2, then 38s in the Blackhawk, or 45ACP in Ruger Flat Top. :-)

--
AKA zzr7ky

That will work...nt

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Monday, March 22, 2021, 20:35 (1129 days ago) @ Gunner

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 22:21 (1128 days ago) @ Gunner
edited by RidinLou, Thursday, March 25, 2021, 07:17

Yes, if they are that age you are likely going to be waiting a year or two to take them out shooting a pistol.

I had two of the Pathfinders. Surprisingly both were very accurate for their size.
Front sight literally fell off of both of them.
Appeared that they were attached using some commercial grade nonstickum glue!

Too bad because I really liked them.

RSS Feed of thread