I don't seem to be on the new forum

by jgt, Sunday, January 03, 2021, 06:55 (1206 days ago)

I clicked on the link to the new site but it takes me here. Am I still on the old site?

Pretty sure this is the new place.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, January 03, 2021, 08:16 (1206 days ago) @ jgt

At least, I think so.

Pretty sure this is the new place.

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Sunday, January 03, 2021, 10:06 (1206 days ago) @ Hoot

Sure it is.

What is new was old; what was old is new

by pokynojoe, Sunday, January 03, 2021, 12:18 (1206 days ago) @ jgt

:-)

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, January 03, 2021, 14:36 (1206 days ago) @ jgt

We were able to restore the forum to about December 15, but doing so erased the little bit we had on the "blank slate" site. This way we have all our old postings, for better or worse.

But if you look up at your URL bar, you should see evidence that we're now running a secure site. The icon is a closed padlock in Google chrome.

You're where you should be! :-)

by jgt, Monday, January 04, 2021, 10:58 (1205 days ago) @ Paul

Great!! Thanks. You can now say you did such a good job some of us could not tell the difference.

That was the goal. :-)

by Paul ⌂, Monday, January 04, 2021, 15:37 (1205 days ago) @ jgt

We lost a couple weeks of postings, but that wasn't much. We're not exactly the highest traffic forum on the web so not much got lost. I'm VERY grateful to David F. for taking on this project. He helps out a LOT of different firearms forums, including LevergunsCommunity, and has pulled our bacon out of the fire on many occasions. There's some more tweaking to do, but mostly on the site, not the forum.

That was the goal. :-)

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Monday, January 04, 2021, 21:20 (1205 days ago) @ Paul

Well ya did a grand job, I for one, can't tell the difference! Thanks!:-D

Looks same to me.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Tuesday, January 05, 2021, 21:34 (1204 days ago) @ Dennis Eugene

"If you've done things right...

by cas, Friday, January 08, 2021, 17:15 (1201 days ago) @ Creeker

...people will wonder if you really did anything at all."

Always liked that expression, but it does make it hard to get paid some times. lol :-D

RSS Feed of thread