Success! (So far)

by brionic @, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 00:32 (4291 days ago)

Dashiell is resting, with a new liver inside his belly. Much work remains in the coming days and weeks... more surgeries and procedures, not to mention countless tests and screenings.

He has already been extubated, to the surprise of the MDs who tell us most children his age remain intubated for days after this sort of procedure. Him? Four hours after closing.

He wants to "get out of this room" and "eat some food". Fat chance, but good thinking.

He is more courageous than any child I have ever known, and is a fighter. I advised the anesthesiologist to prepare multiple doses of sedative for pre-op, which they declined, and naturally, he fought the nurses and required... multiple doses. Good boy!

Thank you for your kind words and blessings... they apparently carry some weight.

More details later. I am going to pass out now.

--
Br.

zzzzzzzzzzz

Oh - one IMPORTANT matter

by brionic @, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 00:36 (4291 days ago) @ brionic

I want to thank someone important - Unknown Deceased Adult Organ Donor - I hope for blessings of peace and love for you and your family in this brave decision you made. This was not in vain!

Success! (So far)

by Jhenry, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 06:45 (4291 days ago) @ brionic

We are all pulling for Dashiell in a big way. Prayers continue daily Brian.

YES!!!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 06:50 (4291 days ago) @ brionic

THanks for the update. Prayers continue.

Praise the Lord! And,

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 07:16 (4291 days ago) @ brionic

I'll pray for the other family as well. In a few days I'll be getting my driver's license renewed, the donor section will be dutifully filled out. It is a little thing to do after all, when you're done with 'em there's no need to take 'em to the grave. It's much better to pass on the gift of life if possible.

Prayers continue for all y'all, Brian.

I've allowed organ donation for years for just such a reason

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 08:17 (4291 days ago) @ brionic

as this. But, the little check on the license might not be good enough, you must tell your next of kin and it is best to include in DNRs and Medical power of attorney.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Success! (So far)

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 08:50 (4291 days ago) @ brionic

Prayers continue

AWESOME - lots of tears here

by stonewalrus, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 10:17 (4291 days ago) @ brionic

Nm

Very happy to hear this!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 11:31 (4291 days ago) @ brionic

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

AWESOME - lots of tears here

by Murphy @, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 12:06 (4291 days ago) @ stonewalrus

You're not the only one my friend. I have wished several times that tears alone could cure Dashille.

Prays to continue.

Murphy

This is such incredibly good and happy news.!! I really

by cable, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 12:09 (4291 days ago) @ brionic

believe that this will be the solution! What a strong and courageous young man, the world does not have enough like him. prayers for all of you continue!!

AWESOME - lots of tears here-- HOw true!!

by cable, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 12:11 (4291 days ago) @ Murphy

:-)

Great!! : )

by Mike P @, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 18:02 (4291 days ago) @ brionic

Success! (So far)

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, August 18, 2012, 18:44 (4291 days ago) @ brionic

So great to hear!!

Prayers continuing your way.

PTL - Prayer continues

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, August 19, 2012, 18:31 (4290 days ago) @ brionic

nm

Success! (So far)

by mcassill, Sunday, August 19, 2012, 22:43 (4289 days ago) @ brionic

That is awesome.

That's great news

by Mark Stevenson, Monday, August 20, 2012, 07:14 (4289 days ago) @ mcassill

Prayers for your family and the anonymous donor's family.

I've been an advocate of organ donation for as long as I can remember.
Like has been said, I won't need them anymore.

RSS Feed of thread