I discovered a foolproof rain-maker this AM....

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Sunday, August 12, 2012, 10:38 (4303 days ago)

It is a Chrony Beta Master with the sky-screens removed, LOL.

There's a number of places that could use it.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, August 12, 2012, 17:22 (4303 days ago) @ Sarge

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Sunday, August 12, 2012, 19:19 (4303 days ago) @ Sarge

Hadn't thought of that! Still no meaningful rain here since late March. Decided to throw caution to the wind this afternoon and took my ATV out in the pasture in search of my 8 week old Shorthair pup. Turned out he was underneath my deck. Sure sweated it riding even with a new spark arrestor.

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Sunday, August 12, 2012, 20:21 (4303 days ago) @ Wildcat

I hurried to plant six, 75' rows of 84-day sweet corn on May 1st; looked like it might soak the ground before I finished. All totaled, we haven't had an inch of rain since then. I have FOUR plants with ears on them, even with us watering them. 105+ degree days, for weeks on end, eventually kill them above the ground.

The Chrony trick was only good for a half a tenth. Guess I'll have to take the head off my tractor and leave it uncovered, to get an inch of rain.

RSS Feed of thread