FS in Ak [not mine] Magnificent Model 71 45/70 case colored

by cable, Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 14:15 (4301 days ago)

NOT MINE.

You need to look at the pictures on the link, just for enjoyment. Incredibly fine custom, someone down in JUnea is selling on local forum:

http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_General/63_Guns_Hunting/246863_Custom_45_70_Bear_Hunti...

Ad Number: A246863
Custom .45/70 Bear Hunting Rifle (Juneau)
Price : $2,950
Reply to : Telephone Contacts
Telephone : 907-209-3340
Custom Bear Hunting Rifle, in .45-70. This rifle is in perfect condition, has never been hunted and was only test fired after made. It is one of a kind and is in new condition. The rifle was derived from a Browning model 71. It has a custom case hardened receiver fitted with the fanciest Claro Walnut. It has been custom re-barreled with 24 inch, 1 in 20 twist barrel from Montana Rifle Co of MT. It is topped with an original peep sight mounted in the top of the bolt as were the original Winchesters. The color case hardened receiver is by Turnbull Restorations. They are the best at modern restoration of vintage rifles. The rifle carries the original 3 round magazine. The wood is exceptional. The color case hardening is unique. More photos available on request.
I am located in Juneau, AK and will sell and ship to the USA only. Buyer to pay insurance and shipping.
I am not taking any trades at this time.

Be still my heart... But I already have an 1886 SRC and I

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 14:36 (4301 days ago) @ cable

don't have the money for this one. It IS beautiful. Thanks for sharing that one with us!

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Be still my heart... me too, but it is amazing!

by cable, Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 14:47 (4301 days ago) @ Hobie

:-P

Lovely rifle..but

by Charles, Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 21:38 (4301 days ago) @ cable

I will never understand why somebody would invest that much in a rifle and have the wood stand proud over the metal. Sand the stock with the metal so the metal looks like it grew out of the wood. Then finish the metal.

Maybe I am being picky, but that is the way I see things. There are two ways to do things, the right way and the wrong way. The wood and metal were mated the wrong way. One would expect that kind of fit on a factory rifle, but this is supposed to be high end custom work.

you are right, i was too amazed to notice that....should

by cable, Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 22:59 (4301 days ago) @ Charles

not have been passed through ......not on something this expensive.

You can see that pretty well in the one photo, not so much

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, August 09, 2012, 06:39 (4301 days ago) @ Charles

in the others. It is so consistent over the length of the tang that it appears to be a calculated effort.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Beautiful rifle....

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, August 09, 2012, 11:49 (4301 days ago) @ cable

nm

Yeah purty all right.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, August 09, 2012, 14:40 (4300 days ago) @ cable

Agree with Charles though, the wood fit would bug me at that price.

RSS Feed of thread