Heavy Metal

by stonecoldrc, Monday, August 06, 2012, 20:49 (4311 days ago)

I purchased these two S&W 38 specials from the same older gentleman about a year apart. The Model 10 is a 4 inch heavy barrel and the J frame is a 3 inch heavy barrel. The J frame is a square butt. The Herrit grips on it add at least a half inch to the bottom of the grip. Not great for concealment, but it does make it very easy to shoot well. Both guns show holster wear, but do not appear to have been shot much. I have been enjoying packing them around in the woods. [image]

I love the 3" J-frame HBs...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, August 06, 2012, 21:25 (4311 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

[image]

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Heavy Metal

by kscowboy, Monday, August 06, 2012, 22:36 (4311 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

Had a Model 60 3" .357 Mag with adjustable sights that my daughter claimed. Still have a 3" Model 65 that I like better as it is easier to hit with and just seems to fit my hands better as I get older. My old model Charter Arms Bulldog (44 special) with 3" barrell is still my favorite.

Heavy Metal

by SKgrips @, Tuesday, August 07, 2012, 07:22 (4311 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

Very nice, I love the older SW's, are they 70's production?

Heavy Metal

by stonecoldrc, Tuesday, August 07, 2012, 09:28 (4311 days ago) @ SKgrips

That is likely, I will check the serial numbers if I can remember the website to find date of manufacture from serial numbers. He bought them new around that time.

Heavy Metal

by Catoosa, Tuesday, August 07, 2012, 09:15 (4311 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

Yep, very classy. I have a skinny-barrel M36 with a square butt, and a matched pair of HB Model 10s. You can't beat them for easy carry and usefulness around a place like mine.

I like that, alot. I have a simular M-13 and 3" M60

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, August 07, 2012, 09:56 (4311 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

that I carry around the farm.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Heavy Metal

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Tuesday, August 07, 2012, 11:10 (4311 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

My 3" Model 13 is my favorite CCW.

The second handgun I ever bought, and my first revolver...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, August 09, 2012, 14:48 (4308 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

was a 4", HB M-10. Shot leagues with it and learned a lot about what a fella could do with one of them round guns. That started a journey that has been varied, to say the least, and emminently satisfying. To paraphrase Col. Whelen (I think), 'A M-10 is never a poor choice.'

I gave it to my eldest son for his 30th birthday. That started up a tradition of giving my children handguns for their 30th. It's Son No. 3 this year....don't say anything but he gets a Blackhawk in .30 Carbine. (He's kind of a flat gun guy....we're gonna mix him up a little.)

That, Sir, is a nice pair.

RSS Feed of thread