So, did the guy that killed the Sihks think that they were

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, August 05, 2012, 21:30 (4304 days ago)

Muslim?

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

More likely to be a Muslim shooter - Sikhs and Muslims

by stonewalrus, Sunday, August 05, 2012, 22:01 (4304 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Don't get along

More likely to be a Muslim shooter - Sikhs and Muslims

by Jhenry, Sunday, August 05, 2012, 22:27 (4304 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Story on Drudge states he was a 40 year old white supremeist.

Instantly declared domestic terrorism, while Maj Hassan 's

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, August 05, 2012, 23:15 (4304 days ago) @ Jhenry

murder spree while yelling Allah Akbar is still "Work Place Violence" Was the twin towers simply pilot error?

--

Instantly declared domestic terrorism, while Maj Hassan 's

by Boge Quinn, Monday, August 06, 2012, 08:40 (4304 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I'm not screaming "racist", but

by anachronism, Monday, August 06, 2012, 18:50 (4303 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I think the shooters skin color played a role in the declaration of "hate crime". This one's pretty convenient, an armed "white supremacist" runs amok in a Sikh temple. For the record, Sikhs are a really decent lot, and simply want to be left to themselves. They're sworn opponents to Muslims, too.

oh, no doubt he was.... BUT the FBI will state categorically

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, August 06, 2012, 20:35 (4303 days ago) @ anachronism

that every other shooting involving a MUSLIM how was witnessed by many, shouting Alla Akbar! while he shot innocents, is NOT a terrorist act.

--

Nope. It was "workplace" violence.

by anachronism, Tuesday, August 07, 2012, 18:19 (4302 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Making Hassan eligible for federal benefits, including legal representation.

Lovely - Rob is probably right then; any Muslim appearinh

by stonewalrus, Sunday, August 05, 2012, 23:43 (4304 days ago) @ Jhenry

Target is a good target. Just what needs to get plastered all over the news. What can they think of to ban now?

It may be, it's terrible no mattern what the motives are

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, August 06, 2012, 09:17 (4304 days ago) @ stonewalrus

A Sikh was murdered in Mesa, AZ on 9/12 by a idiot that saw a turban and thought he was killing a muslim...

--

the shooter had been in the Army psych unit and got

by stonewalrus, Monday, August 06, 2012, 09:44 (4304 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

A "less than honorable discharge."

If true, the firearm maybe was NOT legally purchased.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, August 06, 2012, 19:25 (4303 days ago) @ stonewalrus

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

If true, the firearm maybe was NOT legally purchased.

by stonewalrus, Monday, August 06, 2012, 20:32 (4303 days ago) @ Hobie

He worked in the psych unit. I may not have been clear.

Oh, you meant the psyops unit?

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, August 06, 2012, 21:26 (4303 days ago) @ stonewalrus

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Yes, that's it! I didn't remember the exact term

by stonewalrus, Monday, August 06, 2012, 22:14 (4303 days ago) @ Hobie

Nm

Yes, that's it! I didn't remember the exact term

by kscowboy, Monday, August 06, 2012, 22:52 (4303 days ago) @ stonewalrus

So how does a member of a military physiological warfare unit wind up with a general discharge for supposedly being drunk on duty and then winds up leading a hate band for 10 years not to mention being on the FBI and private monitoring groups watch lists?

IME, there are a certain small percentage of enlistees who

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, August 07, 2012, 07:34 (4303 days ago) @ kscowboy

have varying levels of expectation of achieving an heroic reputation (for want of a better description but it is Walter Mittyism) via their military service. Generally, such people don't, just joining the military doesn't change who they really are. I guess there is a similarly small percentage of those who get POed that things didn't work for them. Then again, there's also those who have ridden the edge of legality for a long time and are simply drifting. The military sorts them out, right out of the service, and they continue the downward spiral in various ways. That's a nice way of saying he was a f___-up and s___head and proved it.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread