Raffle completed--ideas

by SKgrips @, Friday, August 03, 2012, 07:36 (4293 days ago)

I want to thank everyone here that helped us raise some money for our shooting team. we raised $4900 to put into our Scholastic Shooting Fund. +
We sold approximately 290 tickets. Not bad odds really. A fella named Rich Walt was the winner. He bought a ticket at our local gun show.

We will be have two more raffles in the future that are quite different. Please let me know what your thoughts are:

1. "Family Legacy" two Browing A bolts in 257 Roberts. Engraved, and one is a youth model, presumebly a Father/Son or Daughter combo. Browing hasnt made the A bolt in this caliber, so it makes them a little more rare. Heres the difference, the tickets are $30, only 300 available. EVERYONE that buys a ticket, get a pair of Browinging knives in a collectible tin representing the "Family Legacy", and a chance at the rifles. Basically you get the knife set for $30 and a 1 in 300 chance at the rifles, if we even sell 300? Watcha think?

2. Fausti Caledon 20g over/under set, Father/son or daughter set, one is a youth, both 28". Very nice Italian made shotguns. Regular raffle, $10 ticket, only 500 tickets available. Shotguns valued at $4000 retaile. Street value about $2800.

Im not asking you guys to participate, just being gun guys, you folks know what would is more attractive in terms of a productive prize. In this day and age, the only way to keep these sports alive for the kids today is to raise money, and I am comitted to doing just that with as little pain as possible to friends and loved ones. Please let me know what you think of these two ideas.

Good show Scott!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, August 03, 2012, 07:58 (4293 days ago) @ SKgrips

Your efforts are outstanding.

As for your ideas, for myself, I am more interested, and would buy, tickets for the .257 Roberts Brownings. I am sure the shotguns are very nice but I'm just not much of a "fancy shotgun kinda guy".

Glad for your good work on this and congrats to

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, August 03, 2012, 10:09 (4293 days ago) @ SKgrips

the winner.

As to the guns, I'd lean towards the shotguns.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Either one

by madbohemian, Friday, August 03, 2012, 13:58 (4292 days ago) @ Hobie

is fine with me. I'll buy some tickets!
Great work your doing Scott!
Commendations and congrats!

Mike

RSS Feed of thread