Sunday Morning News

by Duane Wheeler @, Kerrville, TX, Saturday, July 28, 2012, 14:43 (4299 days ago)

Saw on Fox News last nite where SC Justice Scalia will be interviwed Sunday Morning
regarding the Colo shooting and his opnion on hi-cap magazines, etc. While he may be
a strong supporter of the 2d Amendment his comments tommorrow w/be interesting! If
the ususal Senators who recently filed the new Senate Bill can generate enough support as a result of the shooting,and get the general populace involved it is very hard to predict what will happen. As long as Ovomit is in office (2d term is
possible) nothing can be left for granted. The UN Treaty must be taken seriously. To many gun owners are hoping enough Senators won't ratify it. Even if another magazine/assault wpns ban made it to the Supreme Court, perhaps Alito, Scalia might support us, Roberts is to wishy washy & cannot be counted on, Kennedy who knows.The liberals constantly use the their worn out theme about hi-cap magazines,"so-called" assault(military look alikes),etc and after enough hammering the powers that be will cave in. Same tactic Ovmit uses to tax the rich over $250,00. Hitler used the same type themes in his rise to power.
Just look at the progress the Gay movement has made, even now Pandering Panetta, Sec of Def has authorized active duty Gays,Lesbians to march in uniform at a Gay parade
in Kalif at the end of Aug. Panetta said it is a one time deal but once a precedent has started it wll be nearly impossible to stop.If any old timer remembers, after Kennedy was assinated then Pres. Johnson pushed thru the GCA of 68. His "asinine" comment was "it will cause no more problem than getting a dog tag for your pet." This
push was easy because of public sentiment about the Kennedy shooting. IMHO today we
have far to many gun owners who are complacent,chastise the NRA for shallow reasons and refuse to get involved. Without them gun owners would have virtually nothing, the 2d Amendmdent notwithstanding. Sadly,because of their pitiful indifference and lack of support they will drag down those who are fighting for the 2d Amendment. We must ALL stand together or collectively lose our ARSES. Talk is dam cheap,action is
what counts and desperately needed!!

I generally don't get into politics, particularly about guns

by stonewalrus, Saturday, July 28, 2012, 16:59 (4299 days ago) @ Duane Wheeler

On facebook but I had posted something Billy Graham said about it's not the gun it's the immoral society (in 1968 - how prophetic) and a bleeding heart liberal New Yorker I know said but NOBODY should have large quantities of ammo. I tried my best to shoot holes in that logic.

Billy Graham quote:

by stonewalrus, Saturday, July 28, 2012, 17:41 (4299 days ago) @ stonewalrus

"A gun cannot harm anyone unless there is a human being to pull the trigger. Ten million guns would be harmless unless some human became stimulated by hate, greed or prejudice. So, the gun controversy becomes a spiritual problem. While strict gun laws might have some effect in showing the world that we are concerned about the problem of violence, violence is really a thing of the human heart and conscience. If men harbor the desire to kill and maim, they will find a way, guns or no guns." - Rev. Billy Graham November 1968   

Sunday Morning News

by Jhenry, Saturday, July 28, 2012, 17:34 (4299 days ago) @ Duane Wheeler

If that Kenyan gets a second term he will do far worse than Clinton or LBJ ever thought about doing in regard to gun rights. I never thought I would see a president worse than Jimmy Carter in my life. Wrong again.

+1

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, July 28, 2012, 18:53 (4299 days ago) @ Jhenry

nm

Sunday Morning Tampa Tribune - Michael Gerson

by Jeff Taylor @, Tampa FL, Sunday, July 29, 2012, 10:25 (4298 days ago) @ Duane Wheeler

This morning a View article in The Tampa Tribune by Washington Post Writers Group author Michael Gerson made a very convincing justification for "reasonable gun control" and restrictions on high capacity magazines to 10 rounds. The article is pretty level-headed in its presentation and even admits that until a mental health screening is available for the purchase of guns further laws will have a very limited effect.

The blatant omission is the fact a restriction forcing a mentally unbalanced killer to reload will not stop his killing spree. Legally carried concealed weapons used against the killer are the only realistic way to stop such an event. Policies to prohibit concealed carry are to blame, lack of mental health registries are to blame, not a magazine capacity.

Prohibitions to concealed carry in certain businesses are policies, not laws. There is a difference.

Well Said!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, July 30, 2012, 12:05 (4297 days ago) @ Jeff Taylor

"Policies to prohibit concealed carry are to blame, lack of mental health registries are to blame, not a magazine capacity." Both issues perpetrated by the Institutional Left. As Hoot said let THEM live in the world that they have created...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread