Active shooter scenario - Homeland Security booklet

by stonewalrus, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 15:30 (4301 days ago)

First they say run, then they say hide and as a last resort, throw things at them! I would think lead projectiles at high velocity would be the most appropriate thing to throw.

I will be throwing hollow (point) lead projectiles... These

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 15:32 (4301 days ago) @ stonewalrus

would have worked with center-of-mass hits as this last shooter did NOT have body armor!

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

sAME THING THAT THEY ARE TELLING THE bp agents TO DO

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 16:58 (4301 days ago) @ stonewalrus

fricken cap lock!

Run & hide use bean bags- we saw how THAT worked for Agent Terry...I guess the Libs don't want their friends, the drug runners to get hurt.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

In all these massacres the one thing the shooter wasn't

by stonewalrus, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 17:18 (4301 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Expecting was for a "victim" to shoot back.

In all these massacres the one thing the shooter wasn't

by Jhenry, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 17:59 (4301 days ago) @ stonewalrus

You are so right. The FIRST words in the booklet should be "DON'T BE A VICTIM". Friggin Homeland Security is a joke. I give them about the same credence as the TSA ninnies.

They should be ENCOURAGING and TRAINING private

by stonewalrus, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:02 (4301 days ago) @ Jhenry

citizens so that the bad guys never know which watermelon in that patch is poisoned.

YES THEY Should!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:12 (4301 days ago) @ stonewalrus
edited by Rob Leahy, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:21

--

They should be ENCOURAGING and TRAINING private

by Jeff Taylor @, Tampa FL, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:26 (4301 days ago) @ stonewalrus

We need something like every responsible citizen is armed. The Israelis get it, but they also understand the threat to their nation's existence.

We need an Appleseed Pistol Program

by stonewalrus, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:45 (4301 days ago) @ Jeff Taylor

Nm

Too bad we couldn't get a couple of gun companies to support

by stonewalrus, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 22:43 (4301 days ago) @ stonewalrus

This - Ruger and Smith, are you listening?

We have one, it's called Gunsite... the center of the

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, July 27, 2012, 09:22 (4301 days ago) @ stonewalrus

firearms training universe. Every state seems to have a couple I was an instructor at gunsite schools...Here in the Prescott area, we have 5 that I know of...

--

Had to read that one three times, Rob, I thought you

by brionic @, Friday, July 27, 2012, 12:22 (4300 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

were saying that you were an instructor at Gunsite.

Which would have been no surprise.

NOPE, I am not. I just stop buy every once in a while

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, July 27, 2012, 17:08 (4300 days ago) @ brionic

and drop off gunleather to people that go to gunsite without a holster. Or the occasional emergency left handed gun writer supply drop and tire change.

--

those tend to be for serious firearms enthusiasts though

by stonewalrus, Friday, July 27, 2012, 12:58 (4300 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I was thinking more along the lines of a grassroots movement for the general population. Most people, including me, can't afford to spend a week at Gunsite or Thunder Ranch.

Most people CAN afford it if they want to

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, July 28, 2012, 23:26 (4299 days ago) @ stonewalrus

and these schools are the Incubator for a bunch of local and regional instructors. There a re MANY, MANY very affordable pistol courses available.
And then Matches, while some folks may quibble, one can train at most of these matches.
Drills and Qualifiers all help as well. Tom, have you shot in a local match? These are your grass roots shooting schools. Most clubs will welcome new folks with open arms. And one doesn't have to invest thousands to compete. I have shot matches with 2 & 3" 38s and with what ever I was carrying when I showed up...

--

YES!!

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Friday, July 27, 2012, 10:21 (4301 days ago) @ stonewalrus

The Israelis are pragmatic and are not hung up on false

by brionic @, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:53 (4301 days ago) @ Jeff Taylor

pseudo-Victorian "virtues".

The Israelis: all hands on deck & shoot them to rags....

by John Meeker @, Snoozing on the grips. will rummage grip, Friday, July 27, 2012, 13:49 (4300 days ago) @ brionic

that tactic being, I have read, the reason the Whacklamics went to suicide bombs. It just didn't pay for their terror-boys to break into a school and start shooting anymore. The Terrs were immediately wasted by armed adults -- who knew how to shoot.

Second Amendment - a Right of OBLIGATION --you be a citizen, then it's your job to join in the common weal and respond to danger that threatens the whole. I really like tha told interpretation, ya know?

by Catoosa, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 21:51 (4301 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I think the Border Patrol needs another Charlie Askins.

Another Henry Lee Ransom would be useful in South Texas, too.

by Jhenry, Friday, July 27, 2012, 06:55 (4301 days ago) @ Catoosa

Who we need is George Washington.

What we have right now is a disgrace.

RSS Feed of thread