Jerry Ahearn lost his fight with cancer

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 17:32 (4302 days ago)
edited by Rob Leahy, Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 17:45

FROM THE FAMILIY: We just wanted to let all of Jerry's friends know that their kind thoughts and wishes over the last few months have been greatly appreciated. Jerry wrote about how to survive most of life's disasters, but, unfortunately he was unable to survive cancer. He put up a very strong fight, as we all knew he would, but on Tuesday morning he was overpowered by the disease and passed away. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers and please always remember Jerry as the wonderful Husband, Father, Grandfather, and friend that he was.

I for one really enjoyed his magazine articles and his series the Survivalist provided a bunch of entertainment to me when I was bored out of my skull, in Germany.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Prayers said for the family. I either did not know or had

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 18:43 (4302 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

somehow forgotten of this struggle. It seems there are so many with cancer. Just this past week some close friends lost their 37 year old daughter to a cancer. She left behind a husband and two boys.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by Norm, Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 18:53 (4302 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I too enjoyed his books and articles. His stuff was the reason I started buying Detonics 45's way back then.

Very sorry to hear this.

by Sarge, Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 18:56 (4302 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

nt

by Drago, Thursday, July 26, 2012, 00:05 (4302 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I enjoyed his work, God Bless him and his family.

I read the complete series of "The Survivalist" years ago

by anachronism, Saturday, July 28, 2012, 14:58 (4299 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I read the complete series of "The Survivalist" years ago, and foolishly sold them off, thinking I'd never read all of them again. You know what comes next... I've been rebuying them every time I get a few bucks. I think I have the first 20 or so now, that last five are the hard to get ones. I owe Jerry a debt of gratitude for waking me up when I was younger, and making me see the world and it's perils for what they are, instead of living in a fog like so many people do.

RSS Feed of thread