Aurora incident - well the antis will be going after

by stonewalrus, Saturday, July 21, 2012, 18:48 (4303 days ago)

Mail ordwer ammo sales, "assault" weapons and hi cap magazines. I've read that studies show if ANYBODY shoots back whether theyt hit the bad guy or not it generally ends the carnage. They are so shocked that among the sheep is a sheepdog with teeth.

To shoot back, you must have a gun

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Saturday, July 21, 2012, 19:20 (4303 days ago) @ stonewalrus

it's all these 'no guns allowed on premises' signs that people must first come to ignore.

I don't care what, unless I've got a metal detector, or physical search to go through, I will always carry a gun.

Remember, concealed carry is just that CONCEALED.

me too....better to be judged by 12, etc.

by cable, Saturday, July 21, 2012, 22:46 (4303 days ago) @ Miles Fortis

nm

I'll usually leave a place with a 'No Guns' sign

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, July 22, 2012, 18:16 (4302 days ago) @ Miles Fortis

I had someone explain it like being a black person in the 60's seeing a 'no negros' sign. If they don't want me and my kind in there, why would I want to give them my money?

If it is someplace I HAVE to be, yes, I'll ignore a sign. In Indiana, they do not hold power of law. If the business finds out you are armed and asks you to leave or remove the gun and you don't, you can be charged with trespassing; no big deal!

I agree on patronage

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Sunday, July 22, 2012, 22:48 (4302 days ago) @ Slow Hand

but sometimes you must go in 'posted' places.

Airports (before the passenger security check)
Most banks
Post offices
etc etc ad nausiam

But, if you are truly carrying CONCEALED, how's anyone to know?

I've carried in the presence of the most elite gunfighters in the world.
Either they gave me the benefit of the doubt figuring I was one of the good guys so they gave me a pass, or it didn't cross their minds ol' John Boy would be packing.

'course a certain deep concealment holster Rob made for me probably doesn't hurt.

ME TOO - some anti-wacko has a website of posted restaurants

by stonewalrus, Monday, July 23, 2012, 07:13 (4301 days ago) @ Slow Hand

In Tennessee so people will know where it is "safe" to eat. I thanked him fr letting me know where I would NOT eat.

The Arizona Rifle & Pistol association has the list of bad

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, July 23, 2012, 14:07 (4301 days ago) @ stonewalrus

restaurants...those that are posted no guns...
Perspective. That wacko should revisit the Lubby's massacre...
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/ayoob45a.html

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

All it would have taken is one armed citizen, bet they

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, July 21, 2012, 20:06 (4303 days ago) @ stonewalrus

have a no firearms allowed notice on the door. When will the general public learn, the anti's never will.

This is the second time a "no concealed carry"

by anachronism, Saturday, July 21, 2012, 21:25 (4303 days ago) @ Cherokee

created an unrestricted shooting range for a whack job. Von Maur was the first one I remember. I have no doubt there have been others.

Texas learned that lesson in September 1999 and changed laws

by MR, Sunday, July 22, 2012, 09:38 (4302 days ago) @ anachronism

our local "big" mall had "No Weapons" signs on every door,

by anachronism, Monday, July 23, 2012, 18:36 (4301 days ago) @ MR

but after Von Maur, the signs came down, and have never returned.

It NEVER makes news when an Armed Citizen stops a spree kill

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, July 22, 2012, 12:30 (4302 days ago) @ stonewalrus

ing...Chad Eastep stopped a murderous rampage in 1995 at the lobby of the Ridpath Hotel in Spokane. The murderer had shot tow people killing one and several wounding the other. He was a convicted convict with a grudge & a bag of guns and ammo...Chad confronted the psycho with his own drawn gun and the carnage ended with the murderer taking his own life.
I should compile a list but many of the major spree killings at schools were stopped by armed citizens.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

No they had to interview Bloomberg instead

by stonewalrus, Sunday, July 22, 2012, 13:18 (4302 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Who basically said people who believe in the second want it so they can kill people. He's dancing in the blood of the victims right now, overjoyed to have a soapbox again.

RSS Feed of thread