are we having csa...southern style

by cr, Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 23:03 (4306 days ago)

Dianne and I gotta get it cleared on the work calendars

by BJ Snow @, Thursday, July 19, 2012, 08:41 (4305 days ago) @ cr

Yes, we are!! First weekend in Oct. 5,6,7th. I hope we have a lot of the great folks on here show up.
Those of you who've never attended one of these just can't imagine the fun you're missing.

Mr. Snow a couple or three questions if you'll indulge me...

by pokynojoe, Thursday, July 19, 2012, 09:09 (4305 days ago) @ BJ Snow

Is this an "exclusive" event? If not, would riff-raff such as myself be allowed to attend if I promise to behave? If the answer to question two is yes, where would this be held?

Thanks
Joe

by BJ Snow @, Thursday, July 19, 2012, 10:15 (4305 days ago) @ pokynojoe

I originally volunteered for this mission in the hopes of attracting more
participants from the Southeastern part of the country. Not a lot of success
at that, so far, but, I live in hope. Open to anyone who'd be interested in
hanging out with a group of the grandest folks you'll ever meet. No charges levied, tho
a collection will be taken to pay for the porta-potties and such. The more people we get,
the less it'll be for each. Did I mention there will be lots of guns of all kinds? We'll
have a banquet Saturday evening at a local eatery, usually Locos Amigos, a great little
Mexican restaurant in Columbus, Ga.
The range is near Bleeker,Al. about 1/2 way between Phenix City, and Opelika.
We can shoot to almost 300 yards. We usually have a pretty good sampling from .22 to .50 Browning, with some black powder
for good measure, even a golf ball mortar and a soda can filled w/concrete mortar.
Make your plans, bring family and friends, you will not regret it.
A low slung vehicle could conceivably have a problem getting down to the firing line.

We hope to make it next year Mr. Snow

by brionic @, Thursday, July 19, 2012, 15:12 (4305 days ago) @ BJ Snow

I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

by Catoosa, Thursday, July 19, 2012, 21:13 (4305 days ago) @ BJ Snow

BJ, I am from the Southeast, I know how to behave but usually don't, and I like to shoot. Count me in!

If'n it ain't gonna be too hairylegged, I might get Ruth to come along. I've told her a lot about this bunch of characters, and I don't think she believes half of it. She can see for herself.

Joe, you're in the clear.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, July 20, 2012, 08:17 (4304 days ago) @ pokynojoe

I have it on good faith that, in a moment of weakness, they even allowed a Yankee to participate. You, being somewhat less "geographically challenged", should be a shoo-in.

I've only been living down here about 35 years...

by pokynojoe, Friday, July 20, 2012, 09:17 (4304 days ago) @ Hoot

So I'm still here on a trial basis, so to speak. Actually my wife was born in Alabama, and most of her uncles, including her Dad graduated from Auburn, so it would be like kind of a homecoming. Unfortuately, I believe that is the weekend I have to go and set up deer camp for my club's annual bow hunt, so not sure I could make it. We'll have to see. I know one thing, there's 'gonna be a lot of "Tigers" and "razorbacks" around those parts that weekend.

Joe

I will see if we can make it.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, July 19, 2012, 11:34 (4305 days ago) @ BJ Snow

I'd love to go.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Jared, Thursday, July 19, 2012, 17:51 (4305 days ago) @ BJ Snow

B.J.

I am going to try and make it, it won't know for a while if I can. If it works out ill be flying in so I will have to find a willing soul to haul me and maybe Kathryn to and from the airport and back and forth between the shooting range and hotel.

by Catoosa, Thursday, July 19, 2012, 21:15 (4305 days ago) @ Jared

Jared, when would you be coming in?

by cr, Thursday, July 19, 2012, 20:06 (4305 days ago) @ BJ Snow

We will be there

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Friday, July 20, 2012, 11:02 (4304 days ago) @ cr

Perhaps I missed it in the threads, but where might this be held?

Sir, a couple posts above..

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, July 20, 2012, 12:41 (4304 days ago) @ Remington40x

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Sunday, July 22, 2012, 21:03 (4302 days ago) @ cr

I'm hoping to finally attend one of these get togethers.

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Saturday, August 04, 2012, 21:43 (4289 days ago) @ cr

So where are folks stayin in "local motel"?

Low slung vehicle will high center, how about full sized or minivan?

Looks like 288 miles from middle, middle TN to get to the neighborhood of the shoot.

RSS Feed of thread