Slight Forum Change

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, July 15, 2012, 08:55 (4312 days ago)

Hey guys, MOST of the current posters are registered so the change I implemented should not effect you. As some have noted, there has been an increase in spam postings over the past few weeks to the point where we're smacking scores of them per day. So this morning I threw a switch I finally located and we'll see what happens. MOST of us will note no difference in the use of the forum. However, for those who are not registered and post here you will now see a "CAPTCHA" image when posting. There's another option, but it is more involved and I don't have time right now to run down the necessary elements to get 'er goin'. In the meantime we'll see what the graphical "CAPTCHA" does to slow down the attacks.

IF you are unable to read the "CAPTCHA" and don't want to register so as to bypass it, drop me a line. We really have no idea (at least I don't) of who is posting registered vs unregistered. We don't want to force folks to sign up just to participate in the discussion, so we need to know if this measure is going to adversely affect our regular posters. Of course, the way to avoid having to fill in the "CAPTCHA" each time you post is to register. :) Perhaps later this week I'll be able to set up a text based instead of a graphics based "CAPTCHA". In the meantime, thank you for your patience.

[image]

RSS Feed of thread