Asserting one's civil rights

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 13:06 (4318 days ago)

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 13:46 (4318 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I hate being stopped 75 miles from the border and waiting in traffic to have them ask me if I am a U.S. citizen.

by uncowboy, Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 15:53 (4318 days ago) @ Dave B

I have a feeling if he tried that in my neck of the woods he would have a new defination of RIGHT VIOLATIONS. Here they enforce what they want the law to be.
I asked many troopers and patrol officers what they would do to me if I stood my ground they all answered I will get my way one way or the other!

But Rob, when have you been civil?

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 15:43 (4318 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Nm

You got me, right between the eyes.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 17:26 (4318 days ago) @ stonewalrus

;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

For The Record

by Charles, Thursday, July 12, 2012, 16:44 (4317 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

This is an immigration inspection that has taken place for all of my life at checkpoints down here on the border. In order for such an inspection to take place, the agent must ask a persons citizenship and the question must be answered. It is asked of everybody passing through these checkpoints. It is a major part of stoping illegal aliens from coming into the country.

The guy in the video did not get his civil rights violated any more than the person who is asked to show his driver's license and insurance by a local police office.

Make up you mind boys, do you want the Border Patrol to keep wetbacks out of this country or not? You can't catch them, if you are not allowed to talk to them and ask if they are a citizen. If the illegals are not given this immigration inspection then they can't be removed or even be in this country illegaly. This happens at the border, at the checkpoint, on the streets and in the businesses all over the country. It is the first step to sending them back to where they came from.

No, they can't tell if you are a US citizen or not by look at you and talking to you. Some illegals speak perfect english without an accent. Others don't look brown in color. Some even come from Europe. Many from the middle east and a pot load from China.

I made up my mind long agoa the border patrol worked better

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, July 12, 2012, 21:20 (4317 days ago) @ Charles

when they were actually ON the BORDER. They started getting shot at my the Mexican Army and cartels instead of fighting back Clinton moved them off the border and into these check station NORTH OF TWO MAJOR DRUG TRAFFICKING CENTERS; Phoenix and Tucson. Giving the illegals free rain in those cities...it's foolish, if not criminally complicit.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I made up my mind long agoa the border patrol worked better

by Charles, Friday, July 13, 2012, 10:15 (4316 days ago) @ Rob Leahy
edited by Charles, Friday, July 13, 2012, 10:23

Rob..I think highly of you and don't like to contridict you, but your statement is just not true. These checkpoints have been here since at least the early 50's. That is how long I have been doing through them. I don't know where you are getting your information, but you are being fed false information.

The Border Patrol presence here on the Border has increased dramaticaly in the past 10 or 15 years. The numbers are increasing and not decreasing. I see them every day.

This week it was announced that a number of Border Patrol stations have been closed (Abilene, Lubbock and other cities in Texas)to move the assets to the Border. These stations have been there for decades. Who now will go to the businesses that hire wetbacks and pick them up? The local population in those cities are very much upset by this turn of events.

I am not a fan of Clinton or Obama and will do anything and everything I can to see that Obama is not relected. But the facts of Border life are the facts of Border life. The Federal and Texas goverments has poured huge amounts of money and people down here on the Border to try and stop the influx of illegals and drugs. The notion that illegals are being allowed into this country, just so they can vote Democrate is utter and complete nonsense.

The notion that the Border Patrol does not fight back is also just nonsense. Last week they fired into Mexico on two seperate times less than a half mile from where I work. One time they were getting pelted with large rocks and they fired a number of rounds at the rock throwers as they scattered. The other time a man was aiming a rifle at one of them and the Patrolman fired accross the river and killed him grave yard dead. Quite an international stink going on about that one right now. Federal and State officers fire into Mexico on a regular basis when attacked or threated from Mexico.

Your source of information is really off base. You said you made up your mind a long time ago, well it is time to open it up and take a look at the facts as they really are and not some distorted version from some political source.

RSS Feed of thread