Elsie Pea took a road trip

by Charles, Monday, July 09, 2012, 18:34 (4320 days ago)

Spent a long weekend in Austin with Elsie Pea in my pocket. Sure enough, it is easy to forget it is there. I like it!

What is she loaded with....

by Byron, Monday, July 09, 2012, 18:53 (4320 days ago) @ Charles

Much debate/concern the most hollow point bullets do not penetrete nearly deeply enought.....

Personally, I think that if I were to choose a .380 I would load it with Sundles hard cast bullet...

Byron

I carry Glasers in mine...

by Boge Quinn, Monday, July 09, 2012, 19:34 (4320 days ago) @ Byron

...Jeff prefers Cor-Bon DPX.

I carry Glasers in mine...

by Byron, Monday, July 09, 2012, 20:16 (4320 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Some consider that 12" of penetration is required for a pistol round to be viable...

Some data indicates that the Glaser .380 may only go 4 or 5"...

A bit of AARs show Glasers (mostly 9mm) sometimes drop their man in his tracks...square on shots into the middle of the chest kill almost every time...or fail completely...men shot througt the bicep and the ribs not penetrated...

Kinda makes you wonder....

Byron

first two in mine are Glasers followed by Hornadys

by stonewalrus, Monday, July 09, 2012, 20:42 (4320 days ago) @ Boge Quinn

Nm

What is she loaded with....

by Charles, Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 12:10 (4319 days ago) @ Byron

She is loaded with Sundle's hot HPs.

I''ve been digging a ditch

by Bob Hatfield @, Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 04:49 (4319 days ago) @ Charles

(with pick and shovel). My pocket gathered some good old fashion dirt. I didnt know it until I pulled my Elsie Pea out and it was gritty as hell. Covered in sandy dirt inside and out. Went out back and fired the whole clip (I read magazines). Sort of a reliablity test. Took her apart and drenched it in penetrating oil and blew it out with the air.

I have a 102 grain Golden Saber in the chamber and 6 hardball in the clip (I read magazines)

Bob

Elsie Pea took a road trip

by Jhenry, Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 07:21 (4319 days ago) @ Charles

I carry Hornady Critical Defense in my KelTec P3AT. Many folks do it, but I never cared much for mixed magazines.

RSS Feed of thread