Good Time At CSA

by JimT, Texas, Monday, April 29, 2024, 07:46 (19 days ago)

I left home last Wednesday and headed North for the CSA in Arkansas. On the way I stopped at runaway Bay, Texas and visited with some old friends. We had met back in the '80's when we all lived in Arizona. Sam & Fran Bass and their daughter and son-in-law. Sam passed some years ago but Fran is still going strong! She is 91 and doing well. I visited with them for about four hours and really enjoyed catching up.

I then drove up into Oklahoma and spent the night, then went on to Clarksville, Arkansas the next day. Most all of us stayed at the same motel and I was happy to meet some old friends I had not seen for some time.

We visited,shot guns,shot the bull and enjoyed ourselves. Friday it started to rain about 3 PM so I got out as I am driving my 2-wheel drive Ranger and it is a good climb out of the bottom where we shoot. Saturday was pretty good all day in spite of the forecast.

Sunday I left early and drove to my daughter's in Oklahoma. I will be here most of the week before heading back to Texas. We have a shooting range about a hundred feet from the front door so if I want to do any more shooting it is fairly easy.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Good Time At CSA

by RayLee, Monday, April 29, 2024, 16:13 (18 days ago) @ JimT

I remember the old 2004 ranger scrubbing on the humps. We took a geedunk break at the nearest country store and sheriff smith of slidell was fetching ice and drinks and said in reply to my comments that I was thankful to meet some gunwriters like cumpston, murbach and taylor....."please don't let them hear that. Their hat sizes are big enough as is !"

My then teenaged son was convinced that murbach was larry weishuhn whose moving image was then much on the telly. Son will be 34 come october.

Good Time At CSA

by JimT, Texas, Monday, April 29, 2024, 17:22 (18 days ago) @ RayLee

:)

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Good Time At CSA

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, May 01, 2024, 07:59 (17 days ago) @ JimT

This year is the closest I've been to a CSA gathering since fall of 2004. Unfortunately it clashed with family activities which is the reason that we're up north at this time of year. It was good to see pics shared on the CSA FB page. This week we're in Virginia for the Gunny's promotion to Master Sergeant. Got in last night after two LOONG days of driving. Sure feels odd to be east of the Mississippi this far north. We're too blooming close to the rich men north of Richmond for my liking.

RSS Feed of thread