25-2 - Current value?

by Paul ⌂, Friday, April 26, 2024, 07:27 (11 days ago)
edited by Paul, Wednesday, May 01, 2024, 07:00

Yesterday we stopped at a pawnshop that I had no idea existed, despite many trips through the town over the years. Fairly well stocked with handguns and pocket watches, a plethora of old tools and other "stuff", yet prices didn't seem too out of line with what I've been reading things have gotten up to around the country.

A local gentleman passed away and they had a number of his pistolas in stock. Including one well used S$W 25-2 in 45 Colt with a 6" barrel and evidence of having been carried a lot but well maintained. It's got a lovely, smooooth action and piqued my curiosity. I'm guessing the (to ME) high price is in line with current market values - but admittedly don't have a clue as to actual value. They've got it priced at $995 and made sure to let me know that "proceeds go to the widow" which indicates there's probably no wiggle room. After handling that beauty the little 36-1 seemed, well, little and STIFF.

They also had a number of the RIA Model 200 resolvers in 38 Spl. First time I'd seen them in person. It's good to be up here, albeit briefly, and see well stocked gun and ammo shelves - although I suspect that as the year goes by and politics heat up that will change, again.

25-2 - Current value? Condition Condition Condition

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Friday, April 26, 2024, 18:11 (11 days ago) @ Paul

Older action style (firing pin on hammer) S&Ws go for a premium these days. If the finish is above 90%, that's an excellent price.
From what you're saying though, it's a "in the ballpark" for what it is.

--
Esse sine metu in facie inimici tui. Sit fortis et rectus quod Deus ut amo te. Veritatem dico semper etiam si eam ducit ad mortem tuam. Tuendam inops et facere no mali.

25-2 - Current value? Condition Condition Condition

by Paul ⌂, Friday, April 26, 2024, 20:44 (11 days ago) @ Miles

If you're interested, it's at the pawn shop just north of the post office (across the street from) in Carthage.

4 is my limit

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Saturday, April 27, 2024, 09:05 (10 days ago) @ Paul

on .45 schnitzengrubens

--
Esse sine metu in facie inimici tui. Sit fortis et rectus quod Deus ut amo te. Veritatem dico semper etiam si eam ducit ad mortem tuam. Tuendam inops et facere no mali.

It's twue!

by A K Church, Saturday, April 27, 2024, 14:31 (10 days ago) @ Miles

It's twue!

25-2 - Current value? 45 Colt should be a 25-5

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, April 29, 2024, 21:06 (8 days ago) @ Paul

25-2 is a 1955 Target in 45ACP they only made a few years in 6" most were 6.5" 1200.00 in 90% or better

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread