JimT Look What You Did

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Thursday, April 18, 2024, 18:47 (13 days ago)

[image]

Will add another as soon as I catch up on my reading!

Dave

Well done!! (nt)

by JimT, Texas, Thursday, April 18, 2024, 18:51 (13 days ago) @ Dave B

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

What is....

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, April 18, 2024, 19:14 (13 days ago) @ Dave B

"catching up on one's reading"?

What is something that never happens

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Thursday, April 18, 2024, 19:48 (13 days ago) @ Hoot

Hoot, it's a lie I tell myself just before I buy another book.

HA!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, April 18, 2024, 20:47 (13 days ago) @ Dave B

Indeed. The only thing I have the most of is books. And a BUNCH unread....yet.

I caught up on my reading once.

by cas, Friday, April 19, 2024, 18:07 (12 days ago) @ Hoot

Turned me off to it for a while in fact. I worked part time for a spell in my friends book store. The slowest book store in the world. (I swear I sold about $60 worth of books in 8 months. So slow he couldn't afford to stop doing his other job and work there himself. And in the end he couldn't afford to ever really pay me anything. A busy day was when someone CAME INTO the store.)

When I started, I thought "oh boy this is great! I can't finally catch up on my reading. I've got all the time in the world now!! (Burgess Meredith voice) Well after about three weeks of that I was going out of my mind. Pre internet days, I started building model airplanes or any other thing I could think of because I couldn't read any more. It was like being forced to eat so much ice cream it made you sick. lol

Well I pray

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Friday, April 19, 2024, 22:13 (12 days ago) @ cas

That I never get caught up then!

Dave

RSS Feed of thread