Good Memories of CSA 2006

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:13 (63 days ago)

[image]

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

"Hell! I was there!"

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:41 (63 days ago) @ JimT

I have that picture in my den. Loads of very good memories.

Oh, I still have that hat as well.

I saw you right away. And others no longer with us. (nt)

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 13:45 (63 days ago) @ Hoot

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Yessir.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 14:19 (63 days ago) @ JimT

Bittersweet memories. They still make me smile though!

The person resembling.....

by RayLee, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 14:37 (63 days ago) @ JimT
edited by RayLee, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 14:45

a garden gnome behind murbach is me.....

the juvenile delinquent behind tony b. is number one son and now 33. he is a d.o.d. civil servant by day and a patona city town burgher/vicealcalde by night.

When the kids were little I always said I was okay with whatever path in life they chose as long as they weren't bank/train robbers or politicians. Well now he's a local politician with upward county then state aspirations.

Are you gonna make the April CSA? (nt)

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 15:02 (63 days ago) @ RayLee

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Alas, No.....

by RayLee, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 15:24 (63 days ago) @ JimT
edited by RayLee, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 15:29

all work and no play makes ray a dull boy.....

I'm a public health civil servant in a position that has to be on-watch 24/7/365 and we are hopelessly under-staffed with only four folk with schedule set up for five. If I take off to go on vacation, somebody has to work 9 to 11 twelve hour shifts in a row.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel....we have a retiree coming back & retraining for part-time relief & a trainee halfway through his two year apprenticeship. Fingers crossed & ardently praying he can pass the exam. Having to work every other weekend and every holiday is a deterrent to the new guys in terms of recruitment & retention.

A bonus day off without worrying about inconveniencing a comrade's day off will be quite a blessing.

Understood! (nt)

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 15:32 (63 days ago) @ RayLee

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Too bad.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 17:14 (63 days ago) @ RayLee

Even though we were both there, I would enjoy "re-meeting" you.

I was at that fiesta

by A K Church, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 18:34 (63 days ago) @ JimT

Why I'm not in the photo, I dunno. Maybe I was in the Port-A-Let.

I was at that fiesta

by RayLee, Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 11:55 (60 days ago) @ A K Church

I remember conversing in the gloom of the richardson's rock garden and the subject turned from the "wished I'd bought a truck load of those $70 chino sks!" to "I wish I still had that .22 hornet over 20 ga. savage (or .30-30 over 12 ga.).....

https://www.kitterytradingpost.com/shooting/guns/used-guns/shotguns/savage-24v-a-pre-ow...

Same year, I think?

by JohnKDM, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 18:55 (63 days ago) @ JimT

[image]

Had to be.....

by RayLee, Saturday, February 24, 2024, 22:52 (63 days ago) @ JohnKDM

The round man is me. Was a raging undiagnosed diabetic then with a 11+ a1c and had been for several years and no one at the doctor's office bothered to inform me. The damage is done but with medication and dietary restraint on my part, I don't have to pee four times an hour like I used to. I sure miss those cantonese, all you can eat feeding troughs though !

And.....I could use some of that 38 year old hair back right on the top middle !

Good Memories of CSA 2006

by Jhenry, Monday, February 26, 2024, 08:31 (61 days ago) @ JimT

That was a goid one. Kneeling, second from the left.

Yep. I recall.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, February 26, 2024, 09:48 (61 days ago) @ Jhenry

Long time, no see my friend.

RSS Feed of thread