Oldie but goodie

by Catoosa, Thursday, February 22, 2024, 22:08 (64 days ago)

Scored a 1960 vintage S&W Model 10 at LGS this afternoon. Six inch barrel and as tight as any revolver I have ever seen. Wonderful smooth DA trigger. Like I needed another Model 10, but I didn't have a six inch and the price was right....

Going back to my southern mountain boy roots!

The Model 10 is always a good choice. (nt)

by JimT, Texas, Thursday, February 22, 2024, 22:18 (64 days ago) @ Catoosa

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Oldie but goodie

by A K Church, Friday, February 23, 2024, 03:38 (64 days ago) @ Catoosa

John K bought my 5", and my sister has my 3"HB RB on "loan".

I've been hankerin' hard for a 4" Model 15.

Oldie but goodie

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Friday, February 23, 2024, 04:07 (64 days ago) @ A K Church

One of my few ‘family guns’ is a late 60’s or early 70’s Model 15. Not sure about a dash. My aunt bought it for her first husband when he graduated the police academy. He had ot slicked up but their armorer and it is probably the best action I’ve ever felt in both DA and SA. He carried ot for a few years on duty until he got on the narc squad. At the time a 4” adjustable sighted 38 painted you as a cop, so he started carrying something smaller and more fitting to his undercover dirtbag role. Unfortunately he fell too deep into the dirtbag part of it and they ended up getting divorced. My aunt figured the gun was in her name, so she kept it! She had a young daughter at the time and was afraid of her getting ahold if it, so she asked my dad to keep it for her, then she never asked for it back. When my dad found out I had got my concealed carry permit, he bought it from his sister and gave I to me as a present. I have cherished it for many years and while I don’t carry it much at all, or shoot it very much, I do still enjoy owning it.

AK, If you make it to Cannon’s this fall, I will definitely bring it along for you to shoot.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Oldie but goodie

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Friday, February 23, 2024, 04:08 (64 days ago) @ Catoosa

These just something about a K frame smith. I know there are ‘better handguns for certain uses, but I feel that a K frame is about the perfect balance of size to power out there. They just feel right in the hand.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Oldie but goodie

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Monday, February 26, 2024, 21:58 (60 days ago) @ Catoosa

I have a 6 inch. They are sweet.

RSS Feed of thread