My 11 year old laptop died yesterday.

by E Sisk, Monday, February 19, 2024, 21:12 (72 days ago)

If my smart phone had a bigger screen think I wouldn’t replace it.

I kept mine going even though parts died ...

by JimT, Texas, Tuesday, February 20, 2024, 07:50 (71 days ago) @ E Sisk

then for Christmas my kids got together and bought me a new one. It was nice of them but it has Windows 11 and I had been running Windows 8 since the Stone Age. I have gotten through the learning curve without much damage, but I can't say "they" improved it much. I mean, it runs faster and all but "they" had to move things around and change how you get to stuff and made it so it won't do some of the things my old machine does. Reminds me of the Build Back Better program our illustrious leaders have foisted upon us. :-P

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

just wait...

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, February 20, 2024, 09:39 (71 days ago) @ JimT

until they decide to get into your settings and "make them green again" after you set it up the way you want it... I keep threatening to go completely Linux but so far haven't managed to pull it off... too many things I've gotten used to doing and haven't found a way to do in Linux without a steeper learning curve than I feel I can afford.

I kept mine going even though parts died ...

by E Sisk, Tuesday, February 20, 2024, 15:21 (71 days ago) @ JimT

Like when I walk into Wally World and the “New” manager is making “His” mark by rearranging the whole friggen store.

My 11 year old laptop died yesterday.

by E Sisk, Tuesday, February 20, 2024, 15:37 (71 days ago) @ E Sisk

Win 7pro I think. Start-up test failed,Run-in test failed, Hard Disk test Failed. Going to see if I still have program disc somewhere but do not think it will ever come off life support. I do have back-ups of files on thumb drives, so not total loss. Anything will be several orders of magnitude improvement over,2.1 GHz speed and 4096 MB RAM.

RSS Feed of thread