Any Experience with Glock 22 rimfire

by Gary G, Sunday, February 18, 2024, 08:08 (73 days ago)

Wanting a little practice gun in the same format as the larger calibers.....Heard they had Issues in the beginning.

I know some folks here have played around with a few, So i thought i would ask for some feedback.

I shoot with a lady who has one.

by JimT, Texas, Sunday, February 18, 2024, 08:59 (73 days ago) @ Gary G

I've shot it quite a bit. Works fine but Glocks have the worst trigger. I don't care for polymer guns and striker-fired pistols so I don't mess with them much .. but hers works just fine.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

by A K Church, Sunday, February 18, 2024, 09:11 (73 days ago) @ Gary G
edited by A K Church, Sunday, February 18, 2024, 13:40

Know a guy who had one, and his was a problem, as far as reliability goes. He tried short loading the magazine, different types of ammo, etc. I think it has since been moved on.

I had the much less expensive Kel-Tec P17, ran a thousand or so through it before passing it on to my nephew. Feed it high speed, even crapola high speed, clean it every couple hundred, and it ran flawlessly. Feed it st/vel or subsonics, it was not happy. If you buy one, get a loading tool.

It spit with a suppressor, but then so does my much higher end S&W SW22 "Victory".

It's cheap looking, feels cheap, and no idea how long it will last, but for the moment it much exceeds expectations.

Know 2 folks with the Taurus TX series, and I can say much the same about it as the KelTec. They do a better job of simulating a typical striker fired semi double action trigger pull than the KelTec. It spits less suppressed than my KelTec, but it still spits.

The Taurus to me has a much more comfy grip shape.

by A K Church, Sunday, February 18, 2024, 09:16 (73 days ago) @ Gary G

BTW, the one guy I know who has the higher end FN 502, loves it. Oddly, it's an SAO trigger, which makes it not so optimal for training if you use the centerfire 502.

Taken on its own, it is very nice indeed.

by JD, Western Washington, Sunday, February 18, 2024, 23:00 (73 days ago) @ Gary G

I've had one for almost 2 years now. While it is mainly plastic, I've been impressed with it. It is completely reliable with almost all ammo. It is also way more accurate than it has any right to be. Five shot groups at 25 yards run about 1.5 inches with ammo it likes. The trigger is typical Glock, but it makes a great trainer to learn the trigger.

I bought this one as a a trainer for my wife to shoot a Glock 19 as it is the exact same size, but much lighter. I've found that it is downright fun to shoot... I'm picky, but I'm impressed with this thing and i reallylike it. It is so light that it alsomakes a great woods gun too.......

Just curious

by A K Church, Monday, February 19, 2024, 05:53 (73 days ago) @ JD
edited by A K Church, Monday, February 19, 2024, 07:06

Mike's Glock 44 had three issues

Well, four really, since the pistol also came with a heavy trigger pull, but that wasn't a reliability issue. If you dug your finger into the trigger like a death grip, it would eventually release, however that pull weight was easily fixed with some aftermarket parts. Sadly at his expense.

Per reliability: Failures to feed, to extract, and to ignite. All subjectively way past what could be expected just from varying ammo quality. And he's not one of those people who don't clean pistols.

Now I've "heard", as in internet wisdom, that Glock is very good about taking back defective 44s, and fair to middlin' about actually curing the problems. I also "hear" (again unverified internet lore) that more recent production guns are a lot better.

So do you know if yours is an older used gun which has perhaps gone back for updating, or a newer manufacture?

Kinda interested in the story on yours, if known. Realize you may not know it. Glad you have one which works well.

Just curious

by JD, Western Washington, Monday, February 19, 2024, 11:44 (72 days ago) @ A K Church

Mine is an older gun. I broke my own rule and bought it shortly after they came out (I usually avoid new guns until they have been out at least a year. ). Mine has been extremely reliable, but I do keep it clean...

Just curious

by A K Church, Monday, February 19, 2024, 17:21 (72 days ago) @ JD

THX!

Glock triggers, in more than a few words…..

by Otony, Monday, February 19, 2024, 15:37 (72 days ago) @ A K Church

…..as you probably know, the “cure” for Glock triggers is to apparently buy some of the almost overwhelming variety of widgets and gazmachos to throw at the poor pistol. The choices are almost staggering in number, vast amounts of American and Chinese made parts abound.

However, I’m embarrassed to say that I never availed myself of the “fluff and buff” techniques that have been expounded upon for decades, to wit, polish the innards! Save your cash, modify your gun yourself!

It is so amazingly simple to do (now that I’ve done it) and completely negates the need to purchase any aftermarket gizmos. Oh, I suppose some of the lipstick might be desirable, but I was honestly astonished at the difference a half hour with a Dremel felt polishing bob loaded with Mothers Mag Polish made.

So simple to do, no bending, no sanding, no stoning, no filing. Just polish the edges and surfaces of certain parts in certain places and hey, presto, a gigantic difference.

Unlike working on a K-frame Smith, or worse, a 1911, there was no reassembling and disassembling a dozen times or more. Nope, it’s almost predictably one and done.

Gentlemen, if yours truly can do it, ANYONE can!

Otony

Glock triggers, in more than a few words…..

by A K Church, Monday, February 19, 2024, 17:22 (72 days ago) @ Otony

And again, Thx!

RSS Feed of thread