new marlin article via Wayne Miller

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, June 28, 2012, 14:55 (4322 days ago)

http://www.realguns.com/articles/409.htm

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Sad. Just sad.

by mcassill, Thursday, June 28, 2012, 17:20 (4322 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Marlin 45/70

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Thursday, June 28, 2012, 17:22 (4322 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Yep, it`s just a shame. The 45/70 Marlin that I have is from the 70`s looks and shoots very well :-D.

The recent stuff I looked at just today, looks much more

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, June 28, 2012, 19:34 (4322 days ago) @ Fivegunner

like the old marlin we all know and love. At SHOT, When I was chatting w/ Jim West, he said he was swamped at his Las Vegas shop just refitting factory new Marlins...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

new marlin article via Wayne Miller

by jgt, Friday, June 29, 2012, 09:23 (4321 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have been lucky enough to find Marlin guns made before Remington took over. I have followed customer complaints since Remington's first examples started to hit the market. To state the problems with the new Marlington's were cosmetic is not scratching on the surface of a quagmire of problems and poor QC decisions exhibited by the company. A lot of the victums of these corporate decisions would have thanked their lucky stars if their guns had only had the cosmetic problems pointed out in the article.

To be fair, many rifles were manufactured and I only read posts from the unhappy customers. BUT.......their complaints were about crooked barrels, bent barrels, cross threaded barrels, barrels with nasty machining marks inside, crooked sight alignment, stripped screws, boogered screw heads, Guns that would not fire, guns that would not group,and on and on.

The product is improving, but it is agonizingly slow and the repeat buyers of old have moved on. Two years is a long time to practice making a product that has made so little progress as has been made so far. I would like to see this company succeed for no other reason than to keep Marlin lever action rifles around, but how these boobs make any money is a Mystery.

Thanks for the link Rob

by madbohemian, Friday, June 29, 2012, 09:29 (4321 days ago) @ jgt

I enjoyed reading the reign of the Mark V articles also.

Mike

RSS Feed of thread