Anyone ever purchased bullets from Western Bullet Co.?

by Bob Hatfield @, Friday, November 17, 2023, 10:48 (168 days ago)

I placed my first order on October 31st and am still waiting on delivery. They ship Priority mail so 18 days from out west to back east indicates the bullets were not in stock, even though the website said they were.

They don't answer emails, unless they get a lot of them and haven't scrolled down to mine yet. I wonder if they mold out the bullets as they are ordered. I'll give them a few more weeks and wait on a response to my email and try a phone call. They have some unique bullets a guy can try before buying a mold.

Bob

I did about 6 years ago. Ordered some antique heel bullets

by JimT, Texas, Friday, November 17, 2023, 11:59 (168 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

for the old .44 Colt cartridge. I never had a problem but things change ....

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Friday, November 17, 2023, 15:04 (168 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

From what I've read they always deliver in their own time but they do not communicate with anyone.

Over on the ASSRA forum…..

by Otony, Friday, November 17, 2023, 15:33 (168 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

…..they have been discussed a fair amount lately.

Bottom line from what I’ve read is….Good Luck

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You may wish to contact your bank or credit card company to see about reversing the payment

Otony

by Bob Hatfield @, Friday, November 17, 2023, 17:39 (168 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

Dang, I'll give them some more time and a try to contact them by phone. It's hunting season in Montana I reckon. Then I'll call the cc company and see what can be done. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does, it'll be the first time I've been burned by a reloading supply company in 45 years or so.

Bob

I found out it is a One man shop.

by Bob Hatfield @, Friday, November 17, 2023, 17:46 (168 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

Below is an excerpt from a thread on an old forum from back in 2015

"Jon was a curmudgeon before he was 30 years old. I used to visit with him at gun shows in Western Montana and learned quickly to be patient with him, that was 20+ years ago and he is only deeper into curmudgeonly behavior. He makes great products slowly, hates telephones and doesn't like to be bothered. Don't blame him for that, I feel much the same way towards most of the same things. Email him and wait, don't email him again, that's provocation, pure and simple. Good products take time, give him the benefit of the doubt......every time!!!"

So, I guess I'll be patient with him LOL.

Bob

RSS Feed of thread