Springfield 2020 .22lr

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Thursday, November 16, 2023, 04:49 (169 days ago)

Recently learned of this newer rifle from Springfield. It’s available in a traditional wood or plastic, target style stock. Looks pretty decent and apparently priced around $400. Teo neat things, to me, is that is uses Ruger 10/22 mags and a Remington 700 trigger.

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like it’s much of a shooter. Reading a few forum posts, it’s looking like it will barely hold an inch at 50 yards. Only watched this one YouTube video, but the guy bought the rifle himself and although I’ve never seen any of his other videos, he seems to know what he’s talking ab and what he’s doing and didn’t have very good luck with it either.

https://youtu.be/nk3tde7RQKI?si=mQ-bRQ_nBNM_ZCKI

Kind of a bummer, north that I’m really looking for another bolt action 22, but this one has some neat ideas. Guess it just didn’t add up to the sum of its parts!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Springfield 2020 .22lr

by Boggus Deal, Thursday, November 16, 2023, 09:34 (169 days ago) @ Slow Hand

The more I see out of SA, the less faith I have in them. Certainly after seeing their SA-35 claims of being American made.

Springfield 2020 .22lr

by A K Church, Thursday, November 16, 2023, 17:49 (169 days ago) @ Boggus Deal

I bought a CZ457 "Scout" new about 4 years ago. It required an optics rail since CZ uses a non standard (in the US) scope spacing. Other than that it was right straight out of the box. Trigger pull, accuracy, all that. It makes me look like I'm a good shot, it likes several types of readily available ammo. It shoots well suppressed. It has a SIG Romeo 5 up there on the rail. It's a good combo, I somehow did it right the first time.

It has Euro type iron sights which Amerikaners will mostly not love, the length of pull is a little short, and the birchwood stock is plain as an Amish dress.

I will go out on a limb and say it's the best .22 rifle I've ever owned.

RSS Feed of thread