John Meeker passed away this morning.

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 07:44 (170 days ago)

I just saw on his messenger list that John Meeker crossed the river at 6:00 a.m. today. I don't know other details than that at this time. I'll pass along any other pertinent info as it is shared.

by Boggus Deal, Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 08:02 (170 days ago) @ Paul

Sad. Very, sad..

Thank you Paul. I always liked him.

by JimT, Texas, Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 08:03 (170 days ago) @ Paul

He emailed me some years ago when he was going through some issues and asked for some help. I was happy that I was able to help ease his mind. I was sorry to hear about him being attacked. Any word on that?

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Thank you Paul. I always liked him.

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 08:06 (170 days ago) @ JimT

No updates on the criminal case. It will be upgraded from assault to manslaughter, but I've no idea how the local police follow up on such things. Ultimately, the Lord will see that justice is served, one way or another.

His failing health shut down communication somewhat. I miss chatting with him. He helped me out in various ways over the years.

Sorry to hear it…

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 08:23 (170 days ago) @ Paul

Sad news regardless of what brought it in. Infuriating as to what brought it on.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 09:11 (170 days ago) @ Paul

Crap. Just crap. :-(

Oh, Meeker-San will be missed!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:46 (170 days ago) @ Paul

He was wise and kind and generous.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Drago, Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 19:23 (170 days ago) @ Paul

God Bless and keep him. God Bless his family in this difficult time.

For those who wanted the news article. Doesn't make it

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 20:02 (170 days ago) @ Paul

For those who wanted the news article. Doesn't make it

by Gary G, Thursday, November 16, 2023, 07:03 (169 days ago) @ Hobie

I HAVE NO WORDS,,,,,,,,BUT WILL PRAY FOR HIS FAMILY

GodSpeed John Meeker

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Thursday, November 16, 2023, 09:52 (169 days ago) @ Paul

I meant John 2004 in a campground in Grayling Mi. John and his Wife were camping in a tent next to my little camper, I made their day with a pot of coffee , then found out that we were going to the same place . I also met Hoot and Miss Beth, Mark and Lloyd and a few others. I remember John really liked my Ruger Flattop .357 He was hitting the one foot target @ I think it was about 300 yard`s quite often. I sure will miss John ,He was a good one for sure.

Yessir! I remember it well!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, November 16, 2023, 10:55 (169 days ago) @ Fivegunner

[image]

And, here's Fivegunner hisownself!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, November 16, 2023, 11:56 (169 days ago) @ Fivegunner

[image]

RSS Feed of thread