JohnKDM

by A K Church, Sunday, November 12, 2023, 09:12 (188 days ago)
edited by A K Church, Sunday, November 12, 2023, 12:31

Been having accuracy issues with a rifle of mine. John sent me some stuff to help get it sorted out. In a half hour or so I will go to the range to try to do that.

He's met me twice. Once around 20 years ago, and maybe 15 years ago. Maybe he could pick me out of a police lineup, maybe not. BUT he trusted a near stranger with a couple of semi valuable, and certainly hard to replace items, because the folks on here are like that.

So I thank him, and every one else on here, because you guys are just that way.

JohnKDM

by Boggus Deal, Sunday, November 12, 2023, 09:38 (187 days ago) @ A K Church

John, you and any number on here are better than most family.

Yes indeed.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, November 12, 2023, 10:40 (187 days ago) @ A K Church
edited by Hoot, Monday, November 13, 2023, 19:23

This place gives me faith in mankind like no other.

JohnKDM

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, November 13, 2023, 07:23 (187 days ago) @ A K Church

A better group of folk, I’ve yet to find! I consider many in here true friends even though I’ve never had the pleasure of shaking their hands in person.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Thanks for the kind words! We haven't spent a lot of time

by JohnKDM, Monday, November 13, 2023, 10:43 (186 days ago) @ A K Church

face-to-face, but there has been a lot of interaction over those decades. Some guys here I have never met in person and yet I still consider them good friends. Glad to help and contribute whenever I can!

In the subset of trusting a member with loaner stuff, I can remember only one event in the last 25yrs where that was a problem - the traveling throat reamer. Someone new-ish to the board asked to be added to the list and he (and the reamer) was never heard from again after receipt.. pretty good average, actually.

The opportunity to meet good friends of like mind is one of the reasons I believe we all owe Jim Taylor so much for starting this board all those years ago.

John K.

Thanks for the kind words! We haven't spent a lot of time

by Boggus Deal, Monday, November 13, 2023, 15:47 (186 days ago) @ JohnKDM

We do owe Jim!
I have a 445 Supermag chamber reamer out there still on loan to someone. And I have JimmyP’s 12 ga forcing cone reamer but in my defense, he said keep it until he asked for it. It’s lovingly cared for and used but it’s his.

RSS Feed of thread