Did you remember to

by A K Church, Sunday, November 05, 2023, 07:17 (195 days ago)

set your clocks back an hour?

Most of mine stay on "normal" time. I refuse to comply!

by JimT, Texas, Sunday, November 05, 2023, 07:54 (195 days ago) @ A K Church

The one on the phone and on the computer change automatically. I consider them traitors.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

by A K Church, Sunday, November 05, 2023, 09:15 (195 days ago) @ JimT
edited by A K Church, Sunday, November 05, 2023, 09:29

I hate the arrangement myself, but I am a conformist by nature, ashamed to say. I admire that you choose to paddle against the current.

by A K Church, Sunday, November 05, 2023, 09:25 (195 days ago) @ A K Church

You could do what the British military did in the Falklands War.

They were much concerned about errors due to the time differences between the SW Atlantic, and London, so they just left the operational time at GMT/Zulu/UTC. So, yes, the sun came up at 0230, etc., but but no errors in conversion.

BTW, used to listen to the Canadian time signal, and being the multicultural place it is, they broadcast it in both English and French. So you would hear the announcement "Le Temp Zulu c'est...". Just slayed me.

I am anti-DST but one has to conform to work with others

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, November 05, 2023, 09:37 (195 days ago) @ A K Church

notably all the dang doctors... Glad we're back to standard time which is where we should stay. That's my 2¢.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

One clock stays on CST year round

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Sunday, November 05, 2023, 12:20 (195 days ago) @ A K Church

It's too hard to change
All but a few manual timepieces change automatically

--
Esse sine metu in facie inimici tui. Sit fortis et rectus quod Deus ut amo te. Veritatem dico semper etiam si eam ducit ad mortem tuam. Tuendam inops et facere no mali.

Did you remember to

by Boggus Deal, Sunday, November 05, 2023, 17:21 (194 days ago) @ A K Church

Most of mine change automatically. Now the coffee pot gets made sure it’s changed. I need that anti murder juice right on time!

Between the Canal and the Equator...

by Paul ⌂, Monday, November 06, 2023, 08:42 (194 days ago) @ A K Church

we have SO FAR not been bothered by such rubbish. But there's always SOMEONE who thinks "it'd be a good idea". I always figured if you wanted more daylight in the summer, get up earlier. All this jumping around on the clock is not worth bothering with. Especially in these days of abundant artificial light sources for the dark part of the year.

RSS Feed of thread