Somthing I never though what interest me:Sub Compact 9mms

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 11:39 (4324 days ago)

In the pursuit of building better holsters I have been forced to purchase a few guns that I would never consider owning, let alone carrying for myself.
I have several now and can make some general impressions known: the S&W M&P Shield is by far, the best of the lot. A great trigger, good sights, good feel to it points like a service size gun. And it packs like it's not even there. I carry on my farm & in my business every day, this little popper has accompanied me for the last week.I can forget it's there and don't worry about it getting dinged up like one of my revolvers of 1911s... I like it! I will probably send this slide to XS sights for a tritium big dot in the near future. I can't enfisize the trigger too much: it is superb.
Jeff Quinn wrote this up on gunblast.com recently. And yes, I am producing holsters for these as well. http://www.gunblast.com/SW-Shield.htm

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

My M&P Compact has an excellent trigger as well

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 13:40 (4324 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Makes my Taurus Mil Pro trigger feel like it belongs on a squirt gun.

I really like my Kahr CM9...

by JD, Western Washington, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 14:17 (4324 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I wasn't sure that I would like it, but at 14 ounces it is easy to carry, and I can just drop it in a pocket in its' pocket holster. Shoots very well and is very controlable too. Good sights. Trigger pull is long, but very smooth. All in all, I'm very happy with it.

JD

I really like my Kahr CM9...

by uncowboy, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 14:33 (4324 days ago) @ JD

Have you or anyone! Tried the BERETTA NANO?

yes, I prefer the M&P Shield.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 14:42 (4324 days ago) @ uncowboy

the NANO FEELS LIKE A BRICK

--

No provision for left-handers

by anachronism, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 16:50 (4324 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

No provision for a left-hand safety is a deal-breaker for me.

for one I don't use the teeny tiny "safty" My holster covers

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 19:36 (4324 days ago) @ anachronism

the trigger guard. Second wait for the XDs in 45ACP If it shoots like it handles it is left neutral able mag release and grip safety. Same width as the Shield rough texture... I for see a bit of pain there but nothing I can't smooth off with my dremel tool.

--

for one I don't use the teeny tiny "safty" My holster covers

by Otony, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 20:30 (4324 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I would absolutely love an XDs with a full size grip that housed a 7 or 8 shot magazine, along with a 4 to 4.5" barrel.

In other words, a slim plastic Commander ala' Croatia!

You can get the Smith M&P Compact with an ambi safety

by stonewalrus, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 20:25 (4324 days ago) @ anachronism

The used one I ran across had one and I scarfed it up. I can relate to the lefty issue. I bought a Witness because you can install an ambi safety yourself. Can't do that with the CZ it's copied from.

Why would you want a "safety" on a striker fired pistol....

by Byron, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 20:52 (4324 days ago) @ anachronism

All these pistols make a loud noise if you pull the trigger on one that is loaded...none will if you don't pull the trigger....

The popular Glock "ambidextrous" safety in on the trigger and works quite well...

Byron

Don't need no stinking safety......

by Byron, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 21:45 (4324 days ago) @ Byron

[image]
Byron

I like a safety on a pocket auto....

by Sarge, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 22:50 (4324 days ago) @ Byron

so long as that safety follows the 1911 in location and operation.

I sure don't want one on a service pistol to be carried in a hard holster.

Why would you want a "safety" on a striker fired pistol....

by Catoosa, Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 15:33 (4323 days ago) @ Byron

Therein lies the problem, Byron. Notwithstanding all the training in the world, knowing better, common sense, etc. some people WILL have their finger on that trigger when they shouldn't. I know of two fatal police shootings around here in recent years attributable to the Glock "safety system" and the instinctive clutching reaction under stress.

Some people will alway screw up......

by Byron, Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 19:35 (4323 days ago) @ Catoosa

There in lies the rub....

Somewhere I read a stat(this would have been years ago) that the highest number of NDs were from SA revolvers....the shootest would cock his piece and if the shot did not present itself...they just didn't know what to do with it...

Guns are dangerous...as they are meant to be...just like the Texas Ranger remarked about his cocked and locked Colt.....

Byron

My Taurus Mil Pro with its LONG spongy trigger pull

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 20:03 (4323 days ago) @ Catoosa

Probably doesn't need one. My M&P with its shorter pretty crisp pull does. I also like having the safety on when holstering, etc. - even though I DO keep my finger off the trigger I FEEL safer.

I hadn't seen that. Impressive. Question: How

by brionic @, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 18:14 (4324 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

much smaller is it than the P7? Lighter by half a pound, probably, and not as likely to rust, I'm sure.

Thx for the tip!

yes lighter and nicer... hate to say it but the P7 is a dead

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 19:36 (4324 days ago) @ brionic

end.

--

yes lighter and nicer... hate to say it but the P7 is a dead

by stonecold, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 21:34 (4324 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

The P7 is, no doubt, dead. But boy can they shoot. The manual of arms is so different from anything else. But boy can they shoot. Heavy as well, but.....

YES, THEY can SHOOT!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 21:44 (4324 days ago) @ stonecold

I will always like the P7 I have for that. But the darn thing weighs as much as a Commander...

--

"She is a jealous mistress" - a wise man said of the P7

by brionic @, Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 00:10 (4324 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

xxx

RSS Feed of thread