Finished 1st chemo treatment, two more to go

by Scribe, Monday, June 25, 2012, 18:36 (4325 days ago)

Last week, I was in the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for 96 continuous hours of chemo transfusion. I was invited to stay longer due to some complications (pain, swelling, etc.) but opted to decline.

I return in 4 more weeks for the same one week in-hospital treatment. This week I have three checkups. This morning I got a white blood cell transfusion (shot in the abdomen) and have two more checkups with the chemo doc and the radiology doc.

The last in-hospital chemo treatment will be in late August/early September. Then I turn 61 and hope to celebrate by participating in a cowboy shoot.

You do get a lot of meds in hospitals, but not much sleep ...

KG

WOW! Hang in there. We're all in your corner on this one.

by Paul ⌂, Monday, June 25, 2012, 19:04 (4325 days ago) @ Scribe

Praying for you...

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, June 25, 2012, 20:54 (4325 days ago) @ Scribe

nm

Prayers for continued healing.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, June 25, 2012, 23:29 (4325 days ago) @ Scribe

Take care Kevin. I want to read some more Pleskin stories!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Will keep you in my prayers.

by Dave B @, Alamogordo New Mexico, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 11:23 (4324 days ago) @ Scribe

NM

Good deal. Stay out of crowds, eat lots of fresh vegetables

by brionic @, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 17:49 (4324 days ago) @ Scribe

and drink plenty of water, and let your body do the rest.

Will you need to take neupogen injections? They are another "pleasure" of therapy.

We are thinking of you and look forward to more good news!

Kevin, prayers for your recovery

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 12:44 (4323 days ago) @ Scribe

As well as for an easy time of it. Chemo is some nasty stuff; I hope it goes well for you.

RSS Feed of thread