Getting ready for my first Appleseed

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 04:42 (4332 days ago)
edited by Hobie, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 06:52

Heading to a freinds back yard range to attend a two day Appleseed this weekend. I've wanted to shoot one for a couple of years now and this one came up and seemed like perfect timing; other than the fact I don't have a great rifle to shoot it with! I know 10/22's and the like are recommended but I'll be shooting with an old Remington 521T. The bolt action may slow me down a bit but I hope experience will help out some. It's dialed in at 25 big steps and will hold under an inch off a bench. It's got good peeps on it and an 1 1/4" cotton M-14 sling. I've got lots of water and bug spray so I hope I'm ready!!

by Byron, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 08:19 (4332 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Get a sheet of cheap 3/8 plywood to lay on during the prone stages...it is much more comfortable than the gravel.....

You will have fun....still...it will be difficult to qualify with the bolt gun as some of the stages are for time...

Good luck....Appleseed is something that EVERYBODY should do....I want to see that patch...[image]

Byron

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 19:55 (4331 days ago) @ Byron
edited by Slow Hand, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 19:58

I am truly amazed but....

[image]

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/b9064a0b.jpg

First AQT!! Taking an AR tomorrow with a low powered scope and probably my .30 cal can.

I am not surprised... trichard pay up! I dtold he'd

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 20:08 (4331 days ago) @ Slow Hand

make Rifleman.:-D ;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Like taking candy from a baby............

by Byron, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 20:47 (4331 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Good shooting!

Now do it with your AR.

Byron

Like taking candy from a baby............

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 21:27 (4331 days ago) @ Byron

We'll see how I do. Pressure is off so it's time to have some fun!

I'm still impressed with that first sitting group, that's with a standing to sitting transition and a mag change, with working a bolt every shot!!!

Did it again!!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, June 24, 2012, 20:01 (4330 days ago) @ Byron

Only stuck around long enough to shoot two AQT's today and some steel at 200 (including some rapid fire work on a dueling tree!) but I managed to get the same score I shot yesterday. Figured the AR would score hIgher due to scope vs irons and semi auto vs by action. Maybe 228 is as good as I'll ever be....nahh!! Just gotta keep practicing! Happy to see yesterday wast a fluke!

Hope you are enjoying yourself

by BCodd, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 10:24 (4332 days ago) @ Slow Hand

We've gone through twice and enjoyed ourselves both times. Most of the instructors are pretty good, but the quality of the non-shooting discussions vary with the personalities.

RSS Feed of thread