Dime to a dollar this was a Judge Or Gov shot pistol...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 12:18 (4335 days ago)

... will our prisons begin to fill with blinded, pocked face felons?

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-burglar-shot-in-the-face-by-tacoma-homeowner-20120619,0...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Maybe that will support PREA, without adding costly paper-

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 15:32 (4335 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

handgun shotguns?or why I carry a 1911 .45ACP

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 15:57 (4335 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Did`nt Jeff Cooper write something like ( you may have a right to shoot someone , but not a right to just blind someone)

Good question, even with stand your ground what sort of

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 16:40 (4335 days ago) @ Fivegunner

liability might come with this?

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

would expect to be sued. better to completely ventilate

by cable, Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 18:23 (4335 days ago) @ Hobie

with solid projectile. much prefer that the only version of the events be told by the only survivor: me!!

Good question, even with stand your ground what sort of

by Alfred John, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 08:07 (4334 days ago) @ Hobie

Floria has a immunity law to prevent felons convicted of such a crime from sueing those who injure them or if they are injured on the property of the person who is a victim. Nice to have. Just Saying

Virginia doesn't have that. Oh, you might be ok so far as

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 09:15 (4334 days ago) @ Alfred John

possible criminal prosecution not happening but a civil judgement... Even though we are limited to actual damages (pretty much) actual damages could be running on up there.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Blind pock faced felons will be easier to spot in a crowd

by Jhenry, Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 18:07 (4335 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Blind pock faced felons will be easier to spot in a crowd

by Alfred John, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 08:11 (4334 days ago) @ Jhenry

The down side to this incident is the amount of money the state will probably have to spend taking care of the felon. Not to mention he will probably receive lifetime disability and other freebies they can give him at the tax payers costs. Just Saying.

Don't like the "shotgun" pistols.........

by Byron, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 10:08 (4334 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

This pretty much sums it up...

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2012/03/

Byron

yes, they are another solution looking for a problem..other

by cable, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 10:49 (4334 days ago) @ Byron

than snakes [ arctic python is on the protected list ] and occasional grouse.

Shhhhsh! Yeah, I agree, but I make thousands of holsters for

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 12:03 (4334 days ago) @ Byron

the various Judge & Guv'nas... Amazing to me how many folks buy them for their only gun...a G19 or 300 brand new SV9 would be such a better choice when loaded with JHPs...of course, they won't by JHPs just the cheapest FMJs they can find...

--

Shhhhsh! ..........I have actually heard a salesman.....

by Byron, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 12:25 (4334 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

At the counter at Cabelas tell this fudd that "you don't even need to aim it...just point and it will take out the whole back wall, stop anybody right in their tracks"....

Sold!!!!!

I had to turn away...

Byron

"You don't even have to aim!" is the main reason

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 12:33 (4334 days ago) @ Byron

I am given when the Judge is mentioned...Makes me shudder.

--

"You don't even have to aim!" is the main reason

by John Meeker @, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 18:40 (4334 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Local Gander Mountain does heavy biz in them -- almost always to older folks, many of whom live in or on the edge of decaying Northern urban neighborhoods. Not gun people, at all. SCARED people, for sure.

BTW, this one is a good place to shop for 'sleepers'; they are constrained to 'book' values, and have sniped off some goodies at far under value. OTOH, pretty regularly, items in the used/trade-in rack languish with unrealistic 'book' price tags.

Gun fun -- it's great.

Morons...............

by Byron, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 19:26 (4334 days ago) @ John Meeker

Some years ago, I took this MagnaPort Super Blackhawk (sorry about the bad picture) completely gone through by Dave Clements and Turnbull for a possible sale...silly me...

I was told that having the Ruger .44 "refinished" had destroyed its value...

[image]

Live and learn....

Byron

That's nothing. I took a $3,500 guitar in to a

by BCodd, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 22:04 (4334 days ago) @ Byron

high zoot LA guitar shop, inquiring on a trade toward another rare guitar they had, a Fender Bass VI. After the so-and-so manager and ???"head" sales guy played it for about twenty minutes, they made their offer.

"Twenty five."

"Hundred? Then how much more for the Bass VI?"

"No, twenty five dollars, SON."

Imagine my restraint at not going Pete Townshend on both of their skulls with my expensive instrument!

That's nothing. I took a $3,500 guitar in to a

by John Meeker @, Friday, June 22, 2012, 06:10 (4333 days ago) @ BCodd

BARF!!!! Rude Arrogance -- the new 'manners'. "A culture becomes the tales it tells."

Hey, bullets are bullets. Don't confuse me.

by John Meeker @, Friday, June 22, 2012, 06:12 (4333 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

x

A face full of several high speed 22 rounds would have done

by stonewalrus, Thursday, June 21, 2012, 20:20 (4334 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

a better job

RSS Feed of thread