Bsack From Vacation

by Jhenry, Saturday, June 16, 2012, 18:56 (4339 days ago)

We had a wonderful time. Saw Mount Rushmore, the Crazy Horse monument, Deadwood and Wild Bill's grave, Custer State park, hiked in the Badlands, rode a steam train, panned for gold (and found some), toured the Black Hills, went to the Museum of the Fur Trade, etc. and so forth. The area is beautiful. I wish I could have seen it before it got over run. On the other hand, large portions are the same as they have always been, minus the danger of being tortured scalped and mutilated along with the whole family of course. So that part is pretty nice.

On a side note, while visiting James Butler Hicock's grave, and while listening to a tour guide give a nice presentation (we were not part of the tour), some Brits who were part of the tour, kept climbing over the railings in the grave yard and walked right over some guy's grave to get around to the other side. Back and forth, back and forth. Laughing the whole time. I kept giving the offending lime suckers the Ozark stink eye to no avail. Making a scene in the middle of a talk did not quite seem appropriate so I let it go. Idiots.

Every one else without exception was very nice.

It's a trip we want to make soon.

by BCodd, Sunday, June 17, 2012, 00:04 (4339 days ago) @ Jhenry

The Badlands beckon, as do many areas of vast wonder.

Regarding the Brits, the lesson of English Bob's must have been lost on them.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

RSS Feed of thread