In case you don’t know who I am....

by Otony, Thursday, October 08, 2020, 19:55 (1267 days ago)

......I’m Otony, NOT otony.

Just saying.......:-D

by jgt, Friday, October 09, 2020, 05:46 (1266 days ago) @ Otony

Glad to see you posting again. I was thinking of you earlier in the week for some reason. Hope you and the family are faring well through all of the upheaval that is goin on.

by SIXGUNNER, Friday, October 09, 2020, 13:02 (1266 days ago) @ Otony

OH! TONY!

The main reason I post my real name is I quickly grew tired

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, October 09, 2020, 13:57 (1266 days ago) @ Otony

Of all the jerks on the web hiding behind alias/fake web names...And I like to think it helps keep me more accountable. I have had a few wackos send hateful emails, but they are wackos, and I take it in stride. I have made many, many excellent friends over the years from the various permutations of this board. It has been life changing, in the best way.[image]
[image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Indeed. Anyone that needs to change their 'handle' often

by John K., Friday, October 09, 2020, 14:12 (1266 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

and try to slip back in under the radar needs to look no further than the nearest mirror to see the person with the problem. It also happens to be the only person that can fix the problem.

Constantly think of how much we all owe Jim Taylor for the original board; without that, most of us would never have met.

Jeez...

by pokynojoe, Friday, October 09, 2020, 17:20 (1266 days ago) @ Otony

all this time I thought it was an acronym for Otto in New York. Guess I was wrong about that.

Just Joe

;-) Hahahaha!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, October 10, 2020, 08:12 (1265 days ago) @ pokynojoe

nt

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Hey Joe!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 07:56 (1261 days ago) @ pokynojoe

Good to see you posting. I was thinking of you just the other day wondering how you were doing.

I'm ok, I guess...

by pokynojoe, Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 16:48 (1261 days ago) @ Hoot

I was in Rochester the 1st of March, and I'll probably be back this winter or early spring. After ten years you get used to it, I suppose.
Give my best to your wife, and your pop. I'll give you a shout when I'm back up your way.

Hang in there Bud....

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 19:06 (1261 days ago) @ pokynojoe

We'll keep a light on.

by Dennis Eugene @, Prince of Wales Island Alaska, Saturday, October 10, 2020, 01:50 (1265 days ago) @ Otony

Actually I am Dennis Eugene

I used to know a girl who worked in a deli.

by cas, Sunday, October 11, 2020, 18:16 (1264 days ago) @ Otony

Her name was Kimberly, but they name on her name tag said "Kimba", I asked her about it once and she said it so when she ran into people in "real life", if they called her Kimba she's know where they knew her from and that they DIDN'T really know her.

Most of the people I know in the shooting world, online and in real life call me cas. It's kind of an indicator when they call my name.

I used to know a girl who worked in a deli.

by Paul ⌂, Monday, October 12, 2020, 22:08 (1263 days ago) @ cas

The weird thing is, even when you meet folks in person, that online handle STILL sticks in one's brain. Caz and Otony, for example, are men I've met in real life but their handles are easier to call to mind than their names at times.

by Bri A, Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 21:16 (1261 days ago) @ Otony

Interesting message, as for those who don't know who I am..., count yourself as lucky.

So...does that mean I'm unlucky?

by pokynojoe, Thursday, October 15, 2020, 16:23 (1260 days ago) @ Bri A

nt

So...does that mean I'm unlucky?

by Bri A, Sunday, October 18, 2020, 09:58 (1257 days ago) @ pokynojoe

You will have to decide that for yourself. We plan to be back down your way the end of January and again in early February, hopefully you will decide you are not so unlucky for knowing me that we can't share a meal again.

RSS Feed of thread